/// Joe Burrow \\\

Title: Let Them Think What They Want
Warnings: One night stand but no smut written. Drinking and undeniable feelings emerge

—————

"Burrow has been looking at you from across the bar all night."

You pause mid-drink and look at the tall wide receiver like a deer caught in the headlights. He's gotta be joking. There's no way...

One glance to your right proves that he is in fact not joking and you nearly spit out your drink as the realization smacks into you like a truck. He laughs at the choked sound you make, his featuring shifting into a knowing look.

"If there's one man I'm not messing around with, it's him," you declare, turning back to Ja'Marr. "I would be wasting my time and getting a lot of unwanted attention from everyone else."

The male lets out a loud and frustrated sigh. He's so dramatic sometimes and his attempts to move you almost never work.

"Think about it, will ya? You're so wound up all the time and I know why." You raise an eyebrow, silently pressing him for the answer. He smiles and you know giving him your attention was a horrible idea. "It's because you ain't had sex with someone in forever. You needa let loose and start off the new year with a bang!"

You laugh, taking a quick sip from your glass. "You and I have two different types of bang in mind."

He mutters something about his type being better under his breath but you ignore him, choosing to give your drink your full attention. Drinks can't break your heart, but men sure as hell can.

It doesn't take much to get Ja'Marr off a topic. You brought up football and he dived headfirst into conversation about it, leaving no room for you to even breathe. You listen, trying to keep up with him. He's drunk so he's not making much sense. Though not all drunk people are entertaining, Ja'Marr sure is. And tonight he's a big mess, stumbling around and tripping over his words. Describing his behavior with the word 'entertaining' is an understatement. Maybe you'll tease him about it when he's hungover in the morning.

The words slowly die on the man's tongue and you tilt your head at the silence that follows. "Marr? You still with me?" You ask, raising your hand to snap your fingers in front of his face.

You eye him with curiosity as he snaps back to life and slips off his seat, his eyebrows lifted so high they almost touch his hairline. He bites back a smile. "I'll leave you alone..."

"Why are you talking like that?" You press, not liking the tone he's using. It raises several red flags. By the sound of it, it's got something to do with Burrow. You fight the urge to look in the blond's direction. The act would be a mistake.

Ja'Marr giggles like a little girl, sounding far too pleased with himself for your liking. "Joe totally isn't coming this way with his eyes on you." The wide receiver whirls around and you reach out, grabbing for his arm.

"Don't leave me!" You hiss through clenched teeth, but he pulls his arm away just as your fingers latched onto his wrist and does exactly what you just begged him not to do: he leaves you.

You manage to somewhat collect yourself just as the quarterback walks up. Your face feels like it's on fire, much like your nerves. You're going to give Ja'Marr hell in the morning, while he's still hungover too.