🕸 Tee Higgins 🕸

Requested by @thenbacumslut

Title: You Are Not Mine
Warnings: Heartbreak is pretty depressing, so I'll put it here as a warning

—————

"(Y/n)!"

You look across the crowded room for the owner of the voice, grinning when you see Sam waving his arm in the air to get your attention.

You push through all the people to get to him. The second you clear all the dancing couples and chatting friends, and you're in the less crowded kitchen, muscular arms wrap you up in a secure hug.

"Hey you!" He exclaims, smiling so widely that his bright green eyes almost disappear. "I'm so happy you made it!"

He sets you down on your two feet, but keeps his hands on your biceps, holding you at arms length. You copy the way he's holding onto you, your own hands traveling up his arms to grip at his muscles.

He's dressed up like Thor from Ragnarok, a costume that looks incredible on him.

"You look really good," you say with a smile much like his. "The costume really suits you."

Green eyes start at your feet and move up your body, coming to a halt when they meet your eyes. "I could say the same about you! I mean, look at you! If Tee walked around looking like this, everyone would be blinded by his beauty."

Heat rises to your cheeks and butterflies explode in your stomach. You stumble over your words for a moment and Sam's smile grows amused.

"Now I'm flustered." You finally stutter out, beyond bashful from the compliment. Sam was a gentleman, always has been. A pure, kind, lionhearted man with the sweetest smile and softest eyes. On the field, that mixture of sweet and soft melts away, reveals a tough and dangerous side. You never had to face that side of him, a delight to both you and Sam.

"Hey, someone had to break the truth to you."

You're flattered. Doesn't matter how many times one of your friends say something good or loving about you, you'll always react the same way. You never get cocky about it, or let it go to your head. Well, that's unless you're feeling playful and teasing.

"Speaking of him, have you seen Tee around?" You cross your arms across your chest and ask.

Sam looks to his right, having no problems seeing over and around everyone's heads. You couldn't relate. "I last saw him cutting up with Ja'Marr over there." He points, and you turn, catching a quick glimpse of Ja'Marr through the room of packed bodies.

You thank him, hug him one more time, and head for Ja'Marr. There's too many people, all too close together, being too loud. Parties aren't really your thing, but Sam gave you puppy dog eyes when he asked you to come, and Tee wanted to wear matching costumes with you.

Uno catches a glimpse of you before you get to him and a smile breaks out across his face. "You did not go there."

"Oh, baby I did." You smirk, adding a quick spin to show off the orange numbers displayed on your back. You wear them with pride and Ja'Marr feels that pride emitting from you.

"You're gonna kill that man," he tells you. "That man is gonna drop dead when he sees you."

Laughing, you move forward to circle your arms around his neck and pull him down for a hug. His own encircle your waist, squishing you against him. He hugs the people he loves with all he's got, pours everything into the intimate gesture.