🕸 Ja'Marr Chase 🕸

Requested by -cleveland

Title: Through the Corn Maze
Warnings: None

—————

You're growing tired from all the running. Your legs are starting to burn and the cool air filling your lungs is making it harder to breathe. You don't stop though. Ja'Marr is somewhere within the maze, hunting like a wild animal for his scattering prey. He had help from other hunters, but number 1 is the one you fear the most.

You run around a corner, immediately coming to a complete stop when you run into your first dead end. Your momentum is shattered and you have to quickly think of your next move. You really don't want to get caught, so you turn around and decide to take a left instead of a right.

Taking the left should have been your first choice. It had many more turns and less dead ends. One turn, you saw a quick flash of a person and you instantly recognized the person as Joe. You knew he was safe, because the rules of the game were that you had to shout when you got caught, which you hadn't heard Joe do.

You hurried after him, pushing your legs to carry you as fast as they could. You followed his path and eventually caught up with him. He must've ran into some dead ends to slow him down. There was no way you were catching up with Joe Burrow without some obstacles slowing him down. The speed difference wouldn't allow it.

"Joe, Joe, Joe!" You called his name repeatedly, loud enough that he could hear you over his pounding heart and heavy breathing.

He spins around, blue eyes growing huge at the sight of you. He began to shake his head, a face of horror taking over his features. "No, no, no!"

He starts to run again, but you can keep up now. You're staying with him, especially after seeing his reaction to you finding him.

Turning a corner, you smacked into his back as he stuttered to a stop. He quickly turns, grabbing ahold of your arms to steady you. He mumbles an apology, but your sarcastic reply makes him scowl. "Good job, you led us to a dead end."

"You can't follow me!" He hisses, moving past you to start going again. "He has this sixth sense when it comes to where you are! You'll get us both caught!"

You let out a laugh, staying close to him. "I don't care, I'm still going to follow you."

Joe stops and sharply turns to look down at you with narrowed eyes. "You're going to try to sacrifice me, aren't you?" He ask, pinning you down with an icy glare.

You stay quiet, trying to hide a smile that slowly begins to crack through despite your strong attempt. The blond playfully shoves you, putting some distance between your bodies.

"Fuck you too, (L/n)."

In the blink of an eye, he's running again. You hurry to chase after him. The last thing you want is to be alone in this huge maze again. It's filled with hunters and prey and you thought you were pretty lucky to have found another one of your kind when you could've found a hunter instead.

"Don't leave me!" You tell the quarterback, huffing and puffing from the intensity of running like your life depends on it.

A high pitched scream sounds from about two rows of corn over—the direction Joe is heading in. You grabbed Joe's arm in fear when you came to a stop beside him, the two of you looking like deer caught in the headlights as the realization of your situation set in.