;;; Luke Kuechly ;;;

For @SassyGirl59

Title: Thank God For Christian McCaffery
Warnings: None

—————

Big hands fall on your shoulders and you startle, quickly spinning around to face the owner of the hands, though you're pretty sure you already know who they belong to.

"You scared me," you mumble with a smile when you come face to face with your husband.

He chuckles. "It's not my fault you scare easily. And I came to tell you that Christian is here. He's got everything he needs so we won't be late."

Christian McCaffery. Your best friend that you totally didn't steal from Luke after meeting the linebacker around the time Christian became a Panther. You and the running back had an instant connection but not the romantic kind and ever since then, you had been attached at the hip. Luke had a connection with him too, which is why the now 49er was at your house.

"I'll be there in a minute." You pull a coat from its hanger and slip your arms through the sleeves. "Entertain him until I'm done getting ready."

He nods, but hesitates to leave after glancing down for the first time since stepping into the closet. His eyes travel from your face to your feet and right back up. Respectfully, of course.

You shoot him a knowing smile and he can't control himself anymore. He closes the distance between your faces, hand coming up to gently curl around your jaw. It's nearly impossible to kiss him with how widely he's smiling.

Pressing your palms flat to his stomach, you glide your hands up toward his chest until you feel his pounding heart under your fingertips. He tries to deepen the kiss and you have to be the responsible one.

He whines when you gently push at his chest and disconnect your lips from his. He's pouting down at you. You roll your eyes at how dramatic he is and lean forward to give him one quick kiss, just to get that adorable pout to go away.

"Mmm, you look beautiful," he whispers when you pull away, letting his hand fall from your face.

You reach up to push some of his hair back into place. It has a mind of its own and pops right back out of place which makes you softly laugh.

"I can say the same for you."

More little kisses are exchanged—the both of you struggling to keep your hands to yourselves—until you affectionately tell him to get lost before Christian gets suspicious.

You finish getting ready once he leaves and enter the living room once you're done. Christian and Luke are chatting about what they've been up to and your precious baby boy is being cradled in the running back's arms.

"Christian, are you sure you can handle this?" You don't bother with a greeting. This is your first child, which means you're learning. You haven't been away from him since he was born, which meant 4 months of being inseparable, so you needed all the reassurance that everything would be okay.

Christian looks over, a dazzling smile stretching across his face. "Hello to you too," he chuckles at the lack of greeting before noticing the worry in your gaze. "And yes I can. I know exactly what I'm doing."