;;;Luke Kuechly;;;

Title: Forever
Warnings: None

—————————————

There was no other place you would rather be right now than where you were.

Laying next to Luke under the stars was always one of your favorite passing times. The activity was something he had started with you back in high school before you both started dating.

You did it about two times a month and would spend hours curled up next to each other staring up at the millions of stars above.

"You know," you turned to prop yourself up on your side, "it still boggles my mind that you're one of the greatest linebackers in the NFL. You are one of the most aggressive players on the field, but here you are next to me, a big softy and a hopeless romantic."

He turned his head and gazed up at you. He narrowed his green eyes. "I feel like you're bullying me..." he mumbled, a grin playing at his lips.

"I'm not bullying you." You softly laughed. "I was pointing out something I've thought about a lot."

You reached forward with your free hand and brushed some stray curls from his forehead. He grinned and leaned into your touch. "I like being a hopeless romantic. If being a hopeless romantic means that I get to do cheesy things with you and smother you in all my love, then I want to be called a hopeless romantic for the rest of my life."

A lovestruck smile lazily crossed your face. "You're so perfect." You told him, cupping his jaw and stroking your thumb across his cheek. "Everything about you is so, so perfect. How did I get so damn lucky?"

"I could say the same thing to you." He breathed, using his strength and quickness to pull you on top of him. "You are perfect in every way (Y/n) and I hope you know how highly I think of you. How much I love you."

You pressed your face into the crook of his neck and closed your eyes. "Hmm, I don't know. It's not like you praise the ground I walk on every day. That's not where you would find Luke Kuechly at all."

Your sarcasm made him chuckle. "You know where you can find Luke Kuechly?" He asked, his hand traveling up and down your side.

"Where?" You wondered what his response was going to be.

His left hand moved to gently grasp your chin. He tilted your head up to make you meet his eyes. "With you, the love of his life. He is almost always with you." He whispered before giving you a quick kiss.

"I didn't notice." You kissed him again. "I thought —according to all of his teammates— that he locked himself in his room and watched a sickening amount of film." One more kiss.

"Eh, he does that too." He placed one more, much longer kiss to your mouth before moving away and letting you lay your head back down. You rested it upon his chest this time. The sound of his heartbeat thumping against your ear was one of your favorite sounds, so this was a common position that you took.

Luke continued to stare up at the stars. They never failed to amazement him, just like you. The longer he looked at the stars —hell, even thought about them— the more he realized how much they reminded him of you.

He didn't speak for a long time and you hadn't either. You had gone completely still against him and he shook you a little to see if you had fallen asleep or not. He had something to ask you and he couldn't keep it in anymore.

"(Y/n)." He whispered close to your ear. All you did was let out a small groan at first, but then you raised your head and gave him your full attention. "Luke." You whispered back. Your eyelids were heavy and threatening to shut, something that made him laugh a bit.

"Marry me." He said in all seriousness, catching your sleepy mind off guard. That woke you up for sure. You sat up straighter in surprise. "Wait, what?" You asked.

"Marry me." He repeated, brushing his fingers across your cheek. You caught his hand in yours before he could return it back to your side and slotted your fingers between his.

"Are you serious right now?" You squeezed his hand and pressed it to your cheek. You needed to know he wasn't joking and that he was serious. You needed to know that this is what he truly wanted.

He spread his long fingers across your skin, his hand almost covering the entire side of your face, and nodded. "I have loved you since we were teenagers, and I knew back then that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. And I know now that I want you to be my forever."

Your lower lip began to wobble and your eyes filled with tears before he got his next words out.

"(Y/n) (L/n), will you marry me?"

Your tears spilled over and began to flow down your cheeks. Luke used his thumb to catch as many of them as he could. You turned your head and kissed his palm, a silent 'thank you'. Your head started moving up and down in a nod. "Yes. Yes I will."

Your words sank in and he beamed up at you, wasting no time to pull you down for a long kiss.

"How long have you been planning this?" You asked when he pulled away. He laughed aloud and used his left hand to reach into his pocket. He held up a ring and your eyes zoned in on the piece of jewelry. "I actually planned to propose to you a lot differently, but I couldn't go another day with this ring in my pocket."

You rolled off of him to sit crisscrossed next to him. You extended your left hand towards him, spreading your fingers apart to give him room to put the ring on.

He sat up and carefully slid it on your ring finger. You grinned when you noticed that he was shaking a little. Even his breathing was a bit shaky.

As soon as the ring was snug on your finger, you brought your hand up to your face to get a closer look at it. Luke watched you, anxiously waiting for your reaction.

You wiggled your fingers, loving the feeling of the cold silver on your hand. You looked to your now fiancé and grinned.  "It's beautiful. It's perfect."

He let out a heavy breath of relief. "I'm so glad you like it."

You gazed down at it again. "You know what I like more? No, wait." You stopped yourself and met his eyes. "You know what I love more?"

He raised a brow. "What might that be?"

You moved over to where you were pressed flush against his side and propped your chin upon his shoulder. "You."

He kissed you. "I love you too."

—————————————

I wish I was watching football when Luke was playing. I have watched all of his highlights and oh my gosh, he's incredible and he's an amazing person off the field too. I feel like I missed out.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 🖤

-MIlLiE