🕸 Nick Bosa 🕸

Requested by @Chocolatecow2007

Title: Why is Joey Here?
Warnings: None

[You can change the costumes I chose if you'd like. They're only mentioned once :) ]

—————

The last thing you expected to happen unfolded before your eyes as you were helping your daughter adjust the halo hanging over her head.

Nick was leaned up against the island in the kitchen munching on a bowl of popcorn, just a few feet away from where you had (D/n) sitting on the counter. Both your eyes soared to the front door when it flew open, the normally monotone, but now very loud voice of Joey boomed through the house.

"Hello, family!"

Your child immediately lit up at his voice, turning around to look for her uncle. You have to hold her in place before she launches herself off the counter and ends up hurt. Excitement radiates from every inch of her and you look over your shoulder at your husband, who had stopped mid-bite the second Joey burst in.

"Okay, who invited Joey?" You ask, knowing you didn't. Your eyes are accusing and Nick straightens, features shifting between bewilderment and defensiveness.

He swallows the popcorn that had been in his mouth and answers, "Why are you looking at me? I didn't invite him."

Helping (D/n) off the counter, you gently set her down and she races out of the room, making a b-line right for the tall dirty blond linebacker.

"Uncle Joey!" She cheers, broadcasting the huge smile she has reserved for Joey, and only Joey.

"Little, and much for enjoyable Nick!" Joey quickly crouches down, spreading his arms out so his niece can throw her arms around his neck, her little body smacking into his hard chest before he engulfs her in a tight hug.

He stands, lifting her up as he goes. You and Nick watch, hearts warming at the sight of the two together. (D/n) buries her face in his shoulder and Joey beams at the both of you, inclining his head in greeting.

"This precious angel told me that she wanted me to come along for trick-or-treating," he tells you, seeing the many questions in your eyes. You look at Nick, who simply shrugs.

Your daughter suddenly sits up and throws her arms into the air, no longer holding on. The girl puts all of her trust in her uncle, and she has every right to, because as soon as her hands leave his neck and her upper body is at risk of falling back, Joey's hands instinctively go to her spine to press her back into him, saving her from possibly falling. He's always been protective around her, something both you and Nick were very happy about.

"We get all the candy!" She cries, electrifying Joey.

"That's right!" The linebacker matches her energy, feeling her passion behind her words deep in his chest. "We take it all!"

Apparently he killed the mood. (D/n) looks down at him, (e/c) eyes disappointed as she shakes her head. "No, not all, because mommy and daddy need candy."

Joey snorts, waving his hand in the air. "They're rich; they can buy their own candy."

You and Nick were long forgotten to the two dirty blondes, but that remark by the oldest Bosa had you exiting the kitchen to enter the conversation.