•••George Kittle•••

Title: Ring on Your Finger
Warnings: A broken finger
(Female pronouns are used)

—————————

One moment you were standing on the sideline having an argument with one of your classmates, then the next moment you were on the ground and your left ring finger was on fire.

Your back hit the ground and a body much bigger than yours landed on top of you. The weight was off of you as soon as it was on you and a panicked voice reached your ears.

"Holy shit, I am so sorry!" You opened your eyes and met a blurry image of a player hovering over you. You realized that there were tears in your eyes by the blurriness of your vision

The boy hovering over you noticed the tears in your eyes and his face filled with horror. His expression had already been worried and frightened enough, but now it was ten times worse.

"Are you hurt? Did I hurt you?" He reached up and pushed your hair from your face to get a better look. The movement of his body caused his chest to brush against your left hand and you cried out in pain when the solid muscles made contact with your hand.

He cringed and quickly pulled himself away. He saw you looking down at your hand and he turned his attention to it.

Somehow your ring finger had gotten bent the wrong way when it was crushed between your bodies. It was bent in half. Definitely broken.

The player sharply inhaled and stared in horror at the digit. Guilt instantly slammed into him like a truck hitting him at full speed.

"Holy fucking shit. Fingers aren't supposed to look like that." He breathed out.

With tears now streaming down your face, you looked up at him. "You think???" You shrieked, the reality of the situation finally setting in. That's when you realized who the person on top of you was. It was George Kittle. The sweet and energetic kid in your class.

"I'm sorry!" He was quick to say, feeling tremendous guilt over the situation. He had never meant for this to happen. No football player ever expected to accidentally hit someone and especially break their fucking finger in half.

Before you could assure him that it was okay or he could move off of you himself, he was grabbed by the back of his jersey and thrown off of you. "Get away from her!" You heard the voice of Alden, your annoying classmate who was in love with you but you wanted nothing to do with, shout.

Next thing you knew you were being pulled off the ground and people were crowding around you to see if you were okay. You ignored them and looked over your shoulder in search of Kittle, only to see Alden all up in his face.

"Leave him alone! It was an accident!" You angrily yelled despite your pain and tears.

Alden spun around, practically fuming. "(Y/n), look at your finger." He pointed at your hand, which you were gently cradling to your chest, with a scowl.

"I'd rather not." You spat out before looking through all the bodies to find Kittle again. When your eyes met, you saw how wide and upset his beautiful green eyes were. You managed a weak smile. "It's okay, Kittle!" You shouted over the crowd, not wanting him to beat himself up.