+++Baker Mayfield+++

Title: I Hate You
Warnings: Some yelling and a six year age gap
Baker and reader are kinda assholes at first
but I promise it ends well!

——————————————

The last person you ever expected to step into your dad's office was Baker Mayfield.

He was dressed in normal clothes and you were surprised to not see anything with the Browns logo anywhere on it. If he would have come in here wearing anything with the logo on it, he would likely be ripped apart. It was bad enough that he was here in the first place.

"(Y/n) Taylor, just the person I was looking for." He said as he stepped through the doorway and stopped in front of the desk.

You were sat in your dad's office chair behind his desk. You had been waiting on him to return so you could go over some football plays with him.

As soon as Baker entered the room, your posture straightened and every muscle in your jaw grew tight. "You're far out of your territory, Mayfield." You lowly spoke. "You have a lot of nerve to show up here."

He grinned and began to tap the nameplate with your dad's name on it. "You're only upset because we kicked your team's ass." He looked from the nameplate to you for your reaction.

You weren't laughing at all. You were actually pretty irritated. The man pissed you off more than anyone else ever had or could. He made you tick and it bothered you. You knew you shouldn't let it bother you, because it only seemed to provoke him, but you couldn't help it. He lit every nerve in your body on fire and not in the good way.

"Why are you here? You should be in Cleveland and far from here." You asked. Your features remained stoic and Baker wasn't liking it. He wanted a reaction. He had always dreamed of getting a good one from you, but he only ever got bad ones. At the moment, he would take a bad one; anything but the face you were giving him right now.

"I missed you." He confessed in all seriousness, keeping his voice soft. It was true. He did miss you and that's one of the reasons he had come all the way to Cincinnati, but it wasn't the only reason.

Finally, you had a reaction. You bolted up from the chair and stood to your full height. You pressed your hands against the desktop and stared him down. "I have already told you a million times; I don't like you. You're annoying, you act like a spoiled child, and you're a cry baby. I'm not interested in you." Anger was radiating off of you.

Baker made a hurt face, but then he felt his own frustration begin to build. "Why do you hate me so much?"

That's the main reason he had come to see you. All you had ever done was pushed him away and why? He hadn't done shit to you, but it never failed that you always pushed him away. And it drove him crazy.

You dryly laughed. "Did you not just hear a word I said? I thought I was clear. I also thought I was very clear every other time we've had this conversation." You stepped around the desk to stand in front of him. You poked him square in the chest with your index finger.

He scoffed with a roll of his eyes. "All those things you keep saying are bullshit. There's another reason you won't give me a chance and I know it." He was determined to get the reason out of you. He has traveled all this way for it and he was going to get it.