🕸 Cooper Kupp 🕸

Requested by @SunsetLovesYoshi

Title: Welcome to the Kupp Family
Warnings: None

—————

Hand-in-hand, you and Cooper walked down the sidewalk. You were heading home a little after dark, having spent a few hours at a party down the street. One of your neighbors had thrown a small get together for Halloween, and wanting to be friendly neighbors, invited the two of you to come hang out with some of the other residents in your neighborhood.

"That was pretty fun," you admit, moving a little closer to your husband. "I enjoyed hanging out with some of our neighbors and getting to chat." You preferred hanging out with the guys, but Cooper had convinced you to accept the neighbor's invite. Everyone else is busy, he had said. Besides, we need to be nice neighbors.

I have my own personal bubble—a circle drawn around me, was your response. Only certain people are allowed in. That received a beautiful laugh from the blond.

Your confession makes Cooper beam. He lets go of your hand and wraps his arm around you instead, holding you close to his body. "I had fun too. Then again, It's nearly impossible to not have a good time when I've got you by my side."

Heat crawls up your neck and floods your face. Years later, you still couldn't control yourself when he said anything sweet about you to someone or right to your face. You've been together for so long, so why do you still react like you did back then?

"It's too late at night for you to be getting this sappy," you tell him. You tilt your head back and press a kiss to the side of his neck, his reaction coming in the form of a bashful giggle. You widely smile against his skin which only makes him laugh more.

His hand tightens on your hip and he leans down to whisper dangerously low in your ear, "Is it really though?" You broadly grin, eyes lighting up. It's not often he speaks in that tone and it always gets the both of you going down a path of endless teasing.

He stops you at the end of the porch steps, turning your body so that both his hands find purchase on your hips. Pulling you against him, he kisses you, his gorgeous smile making it hard to share a proper kiss.

Out of the corner of your eye, you spot a flash of movement up on the porch. You pull away with no warning and stare at the place, bringing his attention to where your eyes linger.

"What the hell was that?" You quietly ask, glancing at him to see if he had seen what you had.

His brows are tightly pulled together and he worriedly meets your eye. "Did you see something?"

"I think so."

He looks back, scanning over the area for something. It's completely still and silent. Nothing moves, nothing makes a sound. He looks for anything out of the ordinary, but finds nothing.

Looking back at you, he softly smiles and gives your forehead a quick kiss. "It's probably nothing to worry about. Could've been your imagination." Normally that would make you feel better, but you had seen something. It wasn't your imagination.

"Babe, It's Halloween time; there's always something to worry about," you reply. "And it wasn't my imagination. I saw something. I know I did."