o0O Evan McPherson O0o

Requested by sturniolonmore

Title: All This Over a Piece of Cake
Warnings: None

—————

In the years you and Evan had been dating, and the few months y'all had been married, not once had the kicker ever seen you so irritated.

You came stomping onto the football field, your entire body tense. If Evan looked close enough, he was sure he would see fume rising from every inch of your body. It scared him.

Your eyes moved across every player in sight, looking for a certain one. He was nowhere to be seen, so your dark eyes zoned in on your husband.

"Where is Burrow?" You growled, coming to a stop in front of him. The players erupted into a choir of "ooo's" at your question while Evan swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat.

"Gone for lunch..." he quietly replied. "Why?"

Your eyebrows nearly shot up to your hairline. "Gone for lunch?" You asked, then loudly laughed, frightening your players. "The bitch stole the slice of cake I had on my desk!" You shouted, throwing your arms up. "And now he left for lunch?"

Evan frowned, "I bought you that slice of cake..."

"Exactly!" You said, and crossed your arms. "And he ate it. The bastard ate it. What a backstabber."

Evan nodded. He could understand why it was so irritating, but he didn't see Joe as the type to steal cake from his favorite coach's —Zac was cool, but not on your level of cool— desk. "How do you know it was him?"

"Apparently he was looking for me and Zac said he went to my office, but I wasn't there, so he left," You rambled. "The cake left too. I connected the dots and Burrow is the criminal."

"Get him back," he told you, not knowing what else to say. Besides, a little game between the student and the coach wouldn't be such a bad thing. You and Joe were best friends, meaning you did stupid little pranks and made jokes all the time.

"What do I do?" You asked, hands moving to rest on your hips. "Make him drop and give me fifty?"

"Take something of his."

You paused, taken aback by that. You eyed your husband with suspicion, "Who are you, and what did you do to my innocent husband?"

Evan cracks a smile and shakes his head at your comment. "I bought the cake for you, not him. I want you to get him back for that."

With a hum, you wondered how you could get the blond back. Your eyes then brightened and you grinned like the Cheshire Cat at Evan, "I have an idea. Has Burrow taken his shower yet?"

•••

Joe must've been taking his sweet time in the shower today. He had yet to come out of the showers. You had been standing around waiting for him to appear, but he still hadn't come out.

You caught Ja'Marr's arm as he exited and asked if Burrow was the only one left in there, to which he answered yes. You thanked him and walked to the edge of the room. You didn't want to go all the way in. You weren't trying to see something you shouldn't.