[][] Josh Allen [][]

Title: Oblivious Boy
Warnings: None

———————————-

Your excuse had been that you had to celebrate your best friend's birthday on the 14th, meaning that you would have to miss the first (and hopefully not last) playoff game of your boyfriend's 2021 season, despite missing the second half of his 2021 season due to school.

The funny part was that your best friend's birthday wasn't actually on the 14th, which meant you could attend the playoff game. You were going to attend that game even if it was the last thing you ever did. And Josh had no idea.

You kept the surprise a secret from everyone. Of course you told your family, but you didn't tell any of your friends on the Bills or any of Josh's family. You wanted to keep it as secret as possible to avoid the surprise accidentally getting spoiled to your boyfriend.

You had taken a plane from your hometown to Buffalo in the evening on Friday, which put you getting there after dark. You booked a hotel room for the night and had just arrived at your room.

Your luggage had already been brought up, so you didn't have anything to do but to sit on the bed and fantasize about Josh. It had been so long since you had seen him face-to-face. You missed his touch and his voice and his kisses and— you just missed everything about him.

You fell back on the bed with a heavy sigh and closed your eyes, letting your mind wrap about the thought of Josh and Josh alone. He consumed your mind every minute of every day. Your boyfriend was so spellbinding and you both hated and admired him for that.

You couldn't wait to be back in his arms. All that time spent FaceTiming him everyday left you craving him more and more, so you greatly anticipated tomorrow's game, even if he ended up losing. Which you knew he wouldn't because he's Josh Allen and the Bills are the best.

The sound of your ringtone tore through the silent room and startled your eyes open. You quickly sat up and fumbled around for your phone. Once you finally got a hold of it, you lifted it up and read the screen.

Joshy would like FaceTime

You panicked. He couldn't know you were in a hotel room. He would become suspicious and then it would all quickly click in his head regardless of how slow he was to picking up on things sometimes. You were an open book to him though, so you knew he would connect the dots quickly.

Swearing profusely under your breath, your head jerked up and began to look everywhere for something that could hide the fact that you were in a hotel. You had to act quickly before Josh got worried. You always answered his FaceTime calls, almost never delaying or not answering it.

Finally, you gave up and just plopped backwards on the bed, turning the camera to your face and allowing the pillow to be the only other view besides your face.

You answered the call and put on a smile, trying to act as casual as possible even though your heart was beating like a drum within your chest.

It took it a moment to load before his beautiful, smiling face appeared on the screen. Seeing his smile instantly turned your grin into a full smile.

"Hi, baby." He said, his voice like music to your ears. This was all you had needed after your long and stressful day.

"Hello to you too handsome." You responded. "You excited for tomorrow?"