{=} Ceedee Lamb {=}

Requested by @bigmfnmariee

Title: You're In My Dreams
Warnings: A mention of reader being scared of storms

—————

Dread. Blinding, overwhelming dread grips you the moment your eyes open.

You can still see his face, so close to your own that you had memorized every ridge and line, every detail that put him apart from everyone else. His voice was still clear as day in your ears, bouncing around and repeatedly pressing into your eardrums, preventing you from blocking it out. The gentleness of his hands and the press of his lips could still be felt on your flesh, the touches lingering despite never really being touched.

The damn dream that had been haunting you had played out in the night yet again, which meant it had reoccured every night for a full week. You had to face the star of that dream five out of the seven days this week. Where it used to be delightful, it was now awkward whenever you'd come face to face with him. He was his normal self, of course, but you were struggling to act like yourself. So you began to push him away, coming up with excuses or straight up ignoring him to avoid interactions with him. It hurt, but you had to hide your secret. You'd go back to normal if the dream would go away.

It wasn't looking too good for you.

You sit up in bed and lower your head, eyes squeezing shut in frustration. "Not again. Why, why, why? Can I please catch a break?"

Tears sit behind your closed eyelids but you push them away, refusing to cry over something so stupid. Yeah that stupid something was ruining your friendship with your friend, which was something to cry about, but you told yourself to keep it together—to fight the ocean of emotions that had built up inside you. It was obvious you weren't winning. Just ask your relationship with Ceedee.

Heavily sighing, you get up and start your day, fifteen minutes before your alarm was set to go off.

•a few hours later•

"Chew with your mouth closed, you animal," you tell the cornerback sitting next to you, eyes sharp as you watch your players practice from where you sit on the sideline.

Trevon does as he's told, mumbling a soft apology when his mouth is no longer full.

He looks over at you after a long moment of silence and takes notice of how your eyes are locked on one person. He follows your line of vision and it lands exactly where he predicted it would: on Ceedee.

"I don't mean to pry," he begins, watching the wide receiver with you, "but you've been acting weird for the past few days. Around Ceedee, might I add..."

You look up, surprised by being called out. He looks over at you and waits for you to say something, maybe give him an explanation as to why.

"Do you think he noticed?" You ask, eyes glued to the man who's been haunting your dreams for a week.

Trevon grimaces a little, hesitant to answer that. But he's always been honest with you, so he sighs and slowly nods. "He definitely noticed."

A frustrated groan rips from your throat and your hands move to cover your face. "I'm so stupid. Why can't I just ignore it?" Your voice is muffled against your palms, but Trevon still hears what you say and it makes him frown.