{|} Cooper Kupp {|}

Title: Don't Care What They Say
Warnings: None

———————————

You loved to paint your nails before every game. They always looked nice and painting your nails was just something you had always enjoyed doing ever since you were little.

It was around 9:30 at night when you were beginning to clean up the mess you had made that Cooper walked into the room.

"Whatcha doing?"

He startled you and you whipped your head around to face the blond. "You scared me. I thought you were supposed to be asleep?" You told him. You could see how tired he was by his heavy eyelids, so you were a bit confused on why he was here.

On cue, he yawned with a nod. "Missed you next to me. Couldn't sleep without you." He slurred his words, each one dripping with exhaustion and desperation to sleep.

"Sorry I'm taking so long; I want my nails to be perfect for the game tomorrow." You explained, tightening the nail polish tops. "I was just cleaning up since they just finished drying."

Your husband sat down next to you and you gave him an odd look. Y'all were supposed to be going to bed...

"Don't you still have to put on a protective coat or whatever it's called?" He questioned, eyes trained on your blue and yellow nails.

You wiggled your fingers and nodded. "Yeah, but I can do that in the morning." You brushed it off and went to stand, but he caught you by your bicep and pulled you back down.

"Hmm, you should do it now." He said, letting go of your arm. "It'll be less you have to worry about in case I decide to get a little touchy, if you know what I mean." He wiggled his eyebrows with a smile and you knocked your shoulder against his as a way of saying "shut up".

You pressed your lips into a tight line and considered it. Physical affection was his way of expressing his love for you and you could recall many times that your nail polish had gotten chipped or messed up due to the touches getting a little out of hand...so he wasn't wrong about that.

"Fine." He grinned in victory and watched as you grabbed the clear coat bottle and unscrewed the top.

You quickly got to work, delicately brushing the cold liquid over each nail with skillful fingers. Cooper was amazed by your ability to not get the coat everywhere. You were doing it so flawlessly and he couldn't tear his eyes away if he wanted to.

Your hands didn't shake, your breathing remained even and slow, and you made it look easy. Though Cooper's career revolved almost entirely around his skillful hands, he could never imagine himself being able to paint nails as perfectly as you do.

To you, it was simple. You had been painting your nails for so long that you had gotten the practice you needed and learned new techniques to make painting them easier.

You cast a glance over at your husband and grinned when you saw how transfixed he was on your hands. It was funny how awestruck he was by this, because in your eyes, painting your nails wasn't that fascinating.

"You gonna stare the whole time?" You asked, putting the last coat on your pinky finger before placing the brush back in the bottle.