+++Baker Mayfield+++

Title: Love Letters
Warnings: None
(Female pronouns are used)

——————————

Your roommate was pacing in front of you, trying to make sense of what you had told her. You were on your bed watching her take in all the information you had just dumped on her.

"Let me get this straight..." she began, turning to face you. "You have received a love letter every day since February 1st and you have not the slightest clue who could be sending them?" She asked, not understanding how you didn't know anyone.

You nodded. "Correct. I have no idea. We are almost two weeks in. Tomorrow will be two weeks." You responded, shrugging your shoulders in defeat.

She paused in the middle of the room and clicked her tongue. "Think about it. Really think about it." She pointed at you and said. "Is there anyone, and I mean anyone, you know who might possibly like you like that?"

"No! No one has shown any interest in me!" You exclaimed and threw your arms in the are. "What, am I supposed to start assuming anyone who even looks in my direction is the one whose been sending theses?" You grabbed all the letters and held them up.

Your roommate lifted her brows and made a face, one that said "that's not a bad idea".

You dropped the letters on your bed. "You can't be serious."

"You have to start somewhere!" Was the response you got. She walked over and threw herself onto the bed next to you. Her hand reached out and grabbed one of the letters. "What do these things even say?"

Before she could open it, you snatched it out of her hand and swiftly collected the rest. You hugged them to your chest and narrowed your eyes at her. "They're mine. I don't want anyone to read them."

"Are you embarrassed by what your secret admirer wrote?" She half teased, then dropped her voice to a whisper. "Are they a pervert?"

Your nose wrinkled up in disgust. "No!" You neatly arranged the letters and carefully sat them down next to you, on the opposite side your roommate was sitting. "They're sweet."

"Are they just letters or do they have drawings or anything?" She asked, and this time she wasn't teasing you. She was genuinely curious.

There was hesitation inside you. You didn't know if you should tell her or not, but she wouldn't be reading them, so you assumed she could know.

"They're poems. They're beautifully written, sweet poems."

A long drawn out "oh" came from her. She nudged your thigh with her shoulder. "You got yourself a poet. I'm honestly jealous. Cal never does anything romantic like that for me."

She went off on a ramble about how annoying her boyfriend had been recently. You shut her voice out and began to think.

A moment later, while she was still rambling on and on, you gasped and sat up straighter. She stopped talking and turned her attention to you.

"I have an idea." You told her, getting up from the bed to begin your own pacing. She grinned and made herself more comfortable on the bed. "I'm all ears."