[] Josh Allen []

Title: Slide
Warnings: Getting knocked out and a concussion

—————————

You saw it coming before it even happened. And you definitely heard it when it happened. The whole world should have heard the helmet-to-helmet collision.

The sound echoed through the stadium as Josh collided with the Patriots defender. The giant quarterback crumbled to the ground and you stood aside, waiting on him to get up, but he only laid there: unmoving.

Your heart sank and you felt as though your entire world came crashing down as you realized that he was just laying there and not moving at all.

You were the first person from the medical staff to bolt off the sidelines to get to him.

Oh God, please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. The words played on repeat like a broken record in your head, but on the outside, all you could mutter was his name over and over as you reached him.

"Josh. Josh." You fell to your knees and grabbed his arm, beginning to tug on it in an attempt to get him on his back. The bitch was still holding onto the damn ball with his life. These men were seriously built different, but you didn't dwell on the thought for more than a second.

You struggled to flip him over with how heavy he was and just as you almost had him, he began to move. His movements were slow, but it was enough to tell you that he wasn't dead. He had just been knocked out cold. The relief that washed over you had you close to tears, but you were still worried because the man you were in love with just got knocked out and could be hurt-

You leaned over him and smiled when you saw him slowly blinking his beautiful brown eyes through the cage of his helmet.

"Hey. Hey, you're okay. I'm here." You whispered, moving to grip his helmet on either side. You needed to get it off of him so that you could properly survey the damage. You were hoping there wasn't any hiding underneath.

He stared up at you with furrowed brows. He had kinda blanked out on what the hell had just happened.

You noticed his stare and stopped messing with the helmet. "Can you hear me?" You asked. He nodded. "Can you sit up for me?" He nodded again.

Before he could attempt to get up himself, you slide your right hand under his back to assist him. You could only imagine how dizzy and out of it he must feel. "Here, I'll help you." You breathed. Another member of the medical staff moved to help you and in a second, Josh was sitting up.

He closed his eyes and took deep breaths. What happened was finally coming back to him as the affects of the hard hit moved through his body.

"Can you see straight right now?" You asked him, reaching up to hold his bicep. You needed to be touching him. The hit had scared you so bad that you were still trying to calm your racing heart and stuttering breaths. Feeling him under your fingertips was calming you and assuring you that he was okay. Well, at least from what you knew he seemed to be okay.

"Not really..." he groaned. That was the main reason he had his eyes shut. The lights and the colors and all the people around him were rough on his vision and he couldn't look at them at the moment.

You frowned. "Do you know who I am?"

"(Y/n). You're (Y/n)." There was no hesitation in his answer. He didn't even have to open his eyes to see if he was right. He knew your voice. He had followed that voice for years now. That voice was his motivation.

You gave his bicep a gentle squeeze. "Yeah, it's me. I'm here with you." You whispered.

The medical staff around you asked Josh if he could stand to which the brunet nodded. You let go of him and moved back to allow them to help him up. "Easy with him." You told them when he stumbled a little.