.:. Odell Beckham Jr .:.

Requested by @jjanes22

Title: From Across the Room
Warnings: Drinking

——————-

Odell lifted the glass bottle to his lips and took a small sip of the beer inside. He was leaned up against the wall at a party with a "friend" on either side. They were just guys he knew that invited him to good parties and occasionally had a beer or two with.

It was like every other party he had ever been to: everyone drinking, people dancing together, strangers hooking up. Everyone was having a good time. Though he normally loved to party, Odell was having one of those days where all he wanted was to sip at a cold beer and relax; watch all the people around him have the time of their lives.

While his dark eyes were scanning around the room, he noticed a figure standing in a small corner. They looked very out of place; as though they wished to be anywhere but here.

Odell's brows furrowed and he asked, "Whose that?"

The guy on his right, Milo, tore his eyes away from where he was watching a girl dance and turned to Odell. "Who is who?" He asked before taking a long swig from his own beer bottle.

"That person over there in the corner." Odell pointed across the room and Milo finally saw who the wide receiver was pointing at.

"Oh, that's (Y/n) (L/n)."

"Define (Y/n) (L/n)." Odell said. "Like, who are they? What do you know about them?"

Milo shrugged, making an clueless facial expression. "They're the weirdo that lurks in the corner at parties and doesn't do anything but sit there. They aren't very fun."

A hum left Odell's lips as he observed the person. "Do you know if they come with anyone?" He had no idea why he was asking these questions; much less why he even cared so much. Something about the person was so mysterious and intriguing. They left him feeling curious, and he was too nosy to avoid asking about them.

"They shows up with a girl. There's a rumor that they are crushing on someone and the only reason they show up every time is to "stalk" that person." Milo explained, snickering with a small smirk at the end.

Odell's lip curled into a grimace. "That's an awful rumor."

"I think its quite funny." Odell shot the man a disgusted look and shook his head in disapproval. He pushed himself off the wall and began to make this way towards the person.

Milo's smile dropped and he stared at the back of Odell's retreating form with a confused look. "Hey, where you going?" He loudly asked, but Odell ignored him and continued to push through the dozens of bodies.

Odell finally reached the other side of the room, where he found himself standing before you. You were even more enchanting up close. He might be falling in love.

You were staring at him with tight brows, trying to figure out why he was in front of you and most importantly; why he was looking at you like that. You cleared your throat and broke him from his thoughts.

"Hey." He said, offering his hand for a hand shake. You awkwardly smiled and shook his hand. "Hi."

"I'm—"