🕸 Justin Jefferson 🕸

Requested by @itssmiyya

Title: Down in the Haunted New Orleans
Warnings: Is a haunted house and baby dolls a warning?

—————

The dark was beginning to get too much for you to bear, but you kept your mouth shut for Justin. He was excited, the pitch of his voice and the slight tremble in his hands gave it away.

"Keep your eyes closed!" He exclaims when your eyelids twitch under the pressure of his fingers, which press into your closed eyes every now and again.

"They are!" You shout back, softly swearing when you nearly trip over his feet. He's pressed against your back, guiding you in the direction you're supposed to be walking. You can hear people around you, but all you're focused on is trying not to trip and fall.

"I feel your eyelashes fluttering against my fingers."

You raised your hands and curl your fingers around his wrists, planting your thumbs against his pulse points to feel how quickly his heart is thumping. It's racing and your curiosity grows.

With a light laugh, you stroke the skin of his wrist and reply, "That's because you're pressing against my eyelids, baby."

"Oh, sorry." He pulls his hands away from your eyes enough to create distance, but keep you from seeing the world around you. "I'm a little excited." He bashfully chuckles, inhaling and exhaling a deep breath to calm himself. You feel his chest rise and fall against your back with the breath and you continue to trace your thumbs over the skin on the inside of his wrist.

"I'm glad you're excited, but I won't lie, I can't say the same thing for me. I'm actually terrified because you're guiding me and if I fall, it's going to be your fault," you find yourself smiling, because the image of you falling and Justin right behind you is kinda funny. "Plus, we dressed up, and we never have surprises worth covering the others eyes for each other, so I'm very curious about what's going on here."

"Calm your tits, we're almost there." He leans down to kiss your cheek. "And you've been working so hard recently; I thought you deserved a good surprise."

You feel all fuzzy after his confession. With how goofy he normally is, sometimes you forget just how big his heart is. It's times like these that you're reminded, and you're very grateful for him.

"Also," he speaks up, needing to add on before you said anything. "You think I'd let you fall? Not on my watch—"

Well, you fall. It happens so fast and suddenly that you have no time to react. It's just one minute you're walking and the next you're falling. Justin doesn't even have time to do anything. His hands miss when they grab for you, but a different pair doesn't.

Strong and fast hands, a different kind from Justin's, catch you. Something about them is familiar, but you don't have time to think about it. You can't, because the familiar voice that matches with and belongs to the hands cuts through the air.

"Woah! You should've fallen for me long before this, baby."

Gasping, you jerk your chin up to stare at the owner of the voice. Ja'Marr is grinning down at you, hands tugging at your dress to pull you up to stand.