o0O Evan McPherson O0o

Requested by -celestialportman

Title: Looks Like I'm Getting Married
Warnings: None

————————

In another universe...far far away...something amazing happens, instead of what truly happened....We are going to pretend like this was the happy ending we —and the Bengals— deserved.

•••

"You're shaking." You commented your observation, causing your boyfriend to look up from his spot where he sat on the edge of the hotel bed.

He nervously laughed and tried to smile. "I get a free pass today; I have to kick at the Super Bowl."

The poor man had been stressing himself for weeks over the playoffs and now the Super Bowl, and not only was it killing him, but it was killing you also. Nothing about watching your boyfriend beat himself up and worry about his performance more and more each week was fun.

Each week, the pressure grew and the tensions would rise higher before crashing down on the kicker and leaving a crushing weight on his chest. You worried about him, you truly did, but you knew it would all wrap up and come to an end soon. It was torturous for you both and you couldn't wait for it all to be over.

With a soft sigh, you crossed the room and stopped before him. Your hand raised and you began to run your fingers through his hair, something that normally soothed the kicker.

He parted his legs and pulled you into him, his arms looping around your waist. He trapped your legs between his thighs and moved to rest his forehead just below your collarbones.

You frowned at the action, knowing he only did this when he was stressed or nervous. "Baby, relax." You whispered, leaning down to kiss the top of his head. "Calm down. Deep breaths. In and out."

You began to breathe in and out after you finished talking, and he followed along. After a minute, he shook his head and looked up at you. "Yeah, that didn't really do much for me." He hopelessly said. He shakily smiled to show you that he did appreciate you trying to help.

"If you keep breathing and shaking like that, you won't be kicking at the Super Bowl. I'll have your ass at the hospital, watching the Super Bowl from a hospital bed." You joked, causing him to laugh.

Though you loved playing with his hair —and knowing that he adored it— you moved to cup his face between your hands. Your thumbs wiped across his cheeks and you softly smiled. "Hey, in all seriousness, whatever happens today, I'm so proud of you. I love you."

He leaned into your touch, letting out a long relaxed, and content sigh, "I love you more."

"I love you most."

"I love you more than most."

A quick pinch to his earlobe shut him right up. "Shut up, dork." You fondly said, adding an apology for pinching his ear after making the remark. Blue eyes narrowed up at you and you laughed. Leaning down, you kissed his forehead and turned away, making an announcement that you were getting ready to leave.

*skip ahead like an hour or two*

"So, when is the wedding?"