-•- Logan Wilson -•-

Requested by joeyschick

Title: Nothing Like a Father's Love
Warnings: A small mention of sex

|||IMPORTANT INFORMATION & QUESTION AT THE END|||

————

Trey firmly grasp the linebacker by the shoulders from behind and shakes him. "No fear, man. You gotta have no fear and just do it," he speaks close to his ear, tone full of encouragement.

Germaine steps forward, staring his teammate down. "Reach inside yourself and pull out the fire you play on the field with. You got this." Logan nods, a mix of nerves and determination in his eyes.

"Be fearless, Logan," Jessie knocks shoulders with him, trying to get that adrenaline pumping in the blond. "When you're out on that field, what do you work hard for? Do you think about what could go wrong, or do you dive in head first?"

"I play to dominate and come out on top for this team," Logan answers. His confidence is growing, nerves fizzling out. "I dive in head first without thinking about it."

Vonn whoops with a big smile, "That's what you gotta do, man! Dive in head first and don't think about it! She said she admires that about you, so don't let her down."

Logan closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, his chest puffing out before deflating. The defense waits for what he has to say in anticipation, all their eyes stuck on him. His eyes open and he grins, lighting up like a Christmas tree.

"I'm gonna do it," he speaks with confidence, bringing smiles to his friends' faces. "I'm gonna ask her out tonight."

They all erupt, having never been more proud of the linebacker. Their chest also swells with pride because they all know they're the only ones who could talk him into following his heart.

Sam beams and pulls the blond in for a quick hug, slapping him on the back when he does. "That's the spirit, Wilson! Get the girl!"

All the cheering caught the attention of their coach, who had been watching over his offensive players' practice. He turns, uncrossing his arms and furrowing his brows when he sees all the commotion.

Curious, he makes his way over see what's going on. He finds Evan standing off to the side wearing a big smile and watching his teammates. Zac moves to stand beside him. "What's going on here?" He ask, taking in all the happy faces.

The kicker was too busy looking at his friends to register who was next to him. "Oh, we're just hyping Logan up to ask (Y/n) out sometime tonight."

Every muscle in Zac's body tenses as soon as the words reach his ears. He slowly turns and stares down at the player, his eyes darkening at the answer. "To do what?" He questions in a dangerously low voice.

The color drains from Evan's face and he swiftly looks up like a deer in the headlights. "Oh shit."

Zac begins to move, but Evan is quicker. The panicked and frantic kicker steps in front of his coach, placing a hand on his chest to make him stop. "Coach, wait! Please don't ruin this for the both of them."

Zac stops, eyeing Evan with curiosity. "Ruin this for the both of them? Did I miss something?" He wonders out loud. He thinks back, really thinks to every moment he had witnessed between you and Logan. You were only friends, is what you had told him. But there was always that look in your eyes when you were with Logan that he had never seen before...