[•] Jessie Bates [•]

Requested by @alliegirl96

Title: Which One of Us?
Warnings: None

———————

You finished folding the last of your laundry about the time Jessie stepped out of the bathroom. He had just taken a shower and steam rose from every inch of his exposed skin. He only had a towel around his waist, giving you a gorgeous view of his top half.

Your breath caught in your throat and you looked away, still feeling a bit shy since this was newer to you. Jessie had once only been a friend, but now y'all were something more, but you still weren't used to the changes just yet.

As he stepped by you, he landed a quick kiss to your temple and then disappeared into the closet to get dressed. You collected the clothes in your hands and went to the dresser to put them away. By the time that you had finished neatly putting them where they belonged, Jessie was dressed.

His strong arms wrapped around your waist from behind and you grinned when he propped his chin on your shoulder, waiting for you to tell him what was on your mind. He could read you surprisingly well, so he knew that you wanted to say or ask something; he just didn't know what yet.

"Are you sure that you're okay with me coming to practice with you tomorrow?" You softly asked, moving to rest your hands atop his. Your fingers brushed across his knuckles and you took a moment to remind yourself that this was Jessie, your best friend, and not the asshole that had shattered your heart into a million pieces. With your past lover, you would have received a 'no', but Jessie was different.

His arms tightened around you and he smiled. "Of course I am." He whispered. "Everyone usually brings someone they love with them."

Heart fluttering at his words, you turned to look him in the eyes, your faces close. The corner of your lips twitched upward, the start of a grin beginning to form. "Will it be like last time?"

Flashback

You were mindlessly scrolling through your phone when a large shadow blocked the sunshine and surrounded you in darkness. You looked up, only to find yourself face-to-face with a few Bengals players. You recognized a few of them, and it seemed that they recognized you too.

"You belong to Jessie, don't you?" At the time, you didn't know this was Vonn Bell who asked the question, but you also didn't care. The question caught you off guard and you laughed with a shake of your head.

"First off, I don't belong to anyone." You said, standing from your seat to be level with the players. Or as level as you could be. You weren't exactly anywhere close to their height or size, but you wouldn't be intimidated. "Secondly, Jessie and I aren't a thing."

It was true; at the time you two weren't a thing. You were only two best friends who just so happened to have feelings for each other, but wouldn't admit the truth.

Logan Wilson snorted, finding your response funnier than he should have. "Aren't a thing?" He nearly shrieked. "Listen, the man is totally whipped for you."

A crease formed between your brows as the players started to go on about Jessie, and his "feelings". Like they knew anything about Jessie's feelings...Or so you thought.