===Justin Herbert===

Title: Can't Hide From It
Warnings: None

—————————————

It was the fourth quarter, with ten minutes left to play. The Chargers were ahead of the Broncos by twenty-eight, and you were on the sidelines congratulating your boyfriend on the touchdown record he had just beat, in only his second season.

You were all smiles, beaming brightly up at him as you rambled about how proud you were. His cheeks were red from all the praise you were showering him with and his face only grew warmer when you launched yourself forward and tightly wrapped your arms around his waist to hug him.

His long arms encircled your body instantly, and the giant completely engulfed you, covering every inch of you in him. He felt eyes on him from everywhere and glanced to the side, catching sight of his fellow teammates and all the people that were watching the two of you.

He wasn't huge on PDA, especially in front of so many people, but he loved you a lot and he was just as excited as you were about beating the record, so he didn't push you away. He would never push you away, even if the prying eyes got a little too overwhelming.

You avoided pressing your face into his chest since he was all sweaty and dirty from playing; instead opting to just rest the side of your head against his huge and not-as-sweaty bicep.

Your fingers danced along his back, tracing the light blue vinyl of the 'one' and 'zero' on his jersey. His own fingers moved down your spine, causing you to wiggle and giggle a little as he tiptoed his fingers down the connected bones. This made him smile behind his chinstrap, which had moved to cover his mouth.

"I'm serious when I say I'm so fucking proud of you, Herbie." You spoke over the roar of the crowd, hoping he would hear you. He barely heard you at first, but then he felt your cheek moving with the movement of your mouth against his bicep and strained his ears to hear you the best he could.

He caught the end of your sentence and grinned, deeply breathing in through his nose at the way the sincerity in your tone warmed his heart. Leaning down the best he could without letting you go or knocking his helmet against your head, he got close to your ear and spoke, "I couldn't have done any of it without you."

You brightly smiled and tightly squeezed  him, thankful to whoever above had sent you this man. You let your eyes flutter shut, sinking into a content and relaxed state. It felt like you were the only two people in the stadium when you blocked out the noise around you and focused only on him.

A moment passed; Justin's hands went flat against your lower back and he began to shuffle to the right. You scrunched your nose up and eyebrows together as you looked up at him. His green eyes were wide, playful even, as they stared towards the roof of the stadium.

You twisted your neck and turned your attention in the direction his gaze was trained. What you saw had you giggling. The two of you were on the Jumbotron, the camera right on your faces. Your eyes instantly caught sight of the camera following you two as Justin tried to escape it, moving you this way and that.

His strong arms had left your waist and unwound your own arms from around him to find your hands. He linked your fingers through his —his giant hands making yours vanish— and held your hands tightly to lead you along with him easier.

You began to laugh as he desperately tried to escape the camera, creating a swift and awkward dance between the two of you that had you laughing harder the longer it went on. It was impossible to get away it, and he knew that, but he wasn't going to stop trying to escape until your faces left the screen.

It only lasted for about twenty seconds before it finally moved back to the field where the Broncos were about to snap the ball.

The laughter rippling from you quickly reached Justin, and he began to laugh with you, now that the camera was off of him. He tugged you forward and you gently collided with him. While still laughing, you leaned your forehead against his chest, which was shaking with laughter too.

"Everyone look, Herbie is actually cracking up!" Keenan's voice rose over the noise and instead of replying, Justin let go of your right hand and quickly flipped his friend off —not wanting anyone to see—, his smile never leaving his face.

Some of his teammates started clapping and Justin's face began to burn again. If he didn't have a helmet on, he would have his face hidden in your neck.

You awed aloud and let go of his hands to reach up, placing a hand on either side of his helmet to pull him down to your level. You landed a kiss on his chinstrap and smiled up at him. The stupid helmet was the only thing stopping you from pressing a long kiss to his lips.

You moved to your right hand to his chin and grasped the chinstrap, pulling it down to rest properly on his chin. "There. You're now ready to go kick ass, my love."

A wide smile stretched across his now exposed lips. "I'm going to make you proud."

You shook your head. "I'm already beyond proud of you. You have no idea."

You couldn't have been prouder. Or happier.

————————————

I have watched the video above so many times because the adorable idiot seriously thought he could get away from the camera...

Thank you for reading! 🖤

-MIlLiE