o00 Evan McPherson 00o

Title: Kicker in the Kitchen
Warnings: None

——————————————

"Babe, I'm home!" You announced as you kicked off your shoes at the door. The sound of nails on the wooden floor brought a huge smile to your face as your dogs came running around the corner to greet you.

"How was your trip to the store?" You heard your boyfriend shout from the kitchen.

"It was great." You yelled, turning to coo at your dogs. "How was your time here with the dogs?" You asked, petting the both of them and making sure to shower them both equally in love.

"Good!" As soon as he said that, a burning food smell filled your nostrils. You paused petting the dogs and stood to your full height.

"Evan, why does our house smell like something is burning?" You questioned, beginning to make your way to the kitchen. The dogs both ran into the living room, not caring about what their parents were doing.

Your boyfriend brushed off your concern. "It's nothing to worry about."

You reached the kitchen and stopped in the doorway, surprised by the sight that greeted you. Baking ingredients covered every inch of the kitchen. Every counter was covered in either supplies or food. You also caught sight of the source of the burnt smell; it was an over-baked cake. And right in the middle of all the chaos, standing in the center of the kitchen, was your boyfriend.

He was just as a mess as the rest of the room. He was covered in ingredients too, most of it looking to be flour.

Your mouth was hanging open. "What the hell are you doing?" You managed to ask, motioning to everything in front of you. You weren't angry, you were just deeply puzzled.

He glanced around himself and propped his elbow on the nearest counter, trying to act casual. "I wanted to be sweet and bake you one of my mom's homemade cakes," he grimaced, "but as you can see, it's not going well."

Your heart swelled. He tried to bake something sweet for you even though he was a shit baker? You couldn't handle him. How did you end up so lucky?

You let out a little laugh and crossed the kitchen, your heart overflowing with love for him. Once you got close enough, you reached out and wrapped your arms around his middle. You pressed your body against his and smiled up at him. "Baby, you have flour in your hair."

The giggle you released made him pout. "Baking is hard." He weakly defended himself, snaking his arms around you and holding you close to him.

"Must I remind you that you're a pro kicker and not a pro baker?" Your brows raised and he glared down at you. "That's rubbing salt in the wound." He leaned down and kissed your forehead.

You twisted a little in his arms and looked over the kitchen again. "We can still fix this. It might not be a surprise anymore, but we can fix it. Start by picking up..." you tried to find the word. "Everything."

"What about the ingredients?" He asked, letting out a small whine when you began to pull away from him. You landed a kiss on his jaw and patted his cheek before separating yourself from him. "I'll collect those."

He followed your instructions and began to pick up everything while you searched for the recipe. When you still hadn't found it a few minutes later, you looked to your boyfriend. "Where is the recipe?"