~~Jared Goff~~

Title: The Bump
Warnings: Some yelling

——————————

You hated mirrors nowadays. Anytime you saw a mirror, you had to look at it, and every time you would look into one, you would see the thing that was distancing you from your husband.

The baby bump.

You didn't hate it. You loved it. God, you loved it so much. The child inside you meant everything to you and you adored just staring at your reflection in the glass.

But the bump was also a curse and it was tearing your relationship with Jared apart. You and Jared had never discussed starting a family. Talks of one day having children had just never come up. You had wanted to talk about it many times, but you were worried that wasn't what he wanted with being an NFL quarterback and everything.

The poor man had just been drafted to the Detroit Lions which was hard enough on him, then you learned a few days after that that you were pregnant. How were you supposed to pour all of this on your already overwhelmed husband?

You were afraid to tell him. You were scared he wouldn't want the child and he would leave you. Jared was the sweetest guy you knew and you could never imagine him ever leaving you, but the thought was still always in the back of your mind.

The man had praised you and worshiped the ground you walked on ever since he laid eyes on you so many years ago. His love for you had managed to push all your insecurities out of your mind for so long, but with a baby, they were all flooding back in.

It didn't help that you had been hiding the baby from him for about three months now. You had completely distanced yourself from him and it was slowly killing you. You missed him and you knew the space you had put between the both of you was starting to take its toll on him as well.

You knew it wasn't fair to put him through what you were putting him through, but your fear overpowered your concern and you pushed him away. And it hurt.

But somehow, he managed to stay positive. He remained patient and he didn't question you. He was still as sweet as could be and though you were hurting him, he always wore a smile. Seeing him like that was the moments that always broke you the most.

But this morning, this morning had been your breaking point.

You had woken up to an empty bed, which was concerning since Jared normally hated leaving the bed and would do anything to stay in it. You had gotten up to search the house for him and it wasn't long before you had found him.

You had spotted him from the bottom of the stairs in the living room. He was sitting on the couch with his elbows propped on his knees and his head in his hands. His body was shaking and that's when it hit you that he was crying.

At first, you had taken a step forward to comfort him, but then he had began to talk and that's when you realized that he was on the phone. He was talking to his sister and he was going on and on about how distant you had been and how confused and upset he was with everything going on between the two of you.

The cracks in his voice and the pain in his words broke your heart. Standing right there, staring at your husband who was breaking down at 2 in the morning, with silent tears rolling down your cheeks, was when you decided that you were done hiding the truth. That's when you decided that you were done pushing him away and hurting you both.