🕸 Tee Higgins 🕸

Requested by @Loveebee

Title: Be My Dance Partner For Life
Warnings: None

—————

Mike has to make Tee repeat himself, because he can't believe what 85 is saying. Tee repeats it and Mike ask him to say it one more time, just to make sure he isn't hearing the young wide receiver wrong. Tee says it for the last time, an annoyed edge to his voice as he narrows his eyes at the cornerback.

"You're actually coming to Ja'Marr's party?" The ex-Steeler ask, giving his teammate an odd look.

Tee makes the face back at him, mocking the older before saying, "Why would I miss it?"

"You usually spend Saturdays with (Y/n)," Tyler steals the words right from Hilton's mouth, a questioning look on his face. Something was definitely up if Tee was skipping out on spending time with you.

Mike quickly jumps in before Tee has time to answer. "You mean his girlfriend?" He smirks, cocking a brow at Tyler to mess with their younger teammate.

"She isn't my girlfriend," Tee grumbles, arms crossed and dark eyes dangerous. He's silently telling the cornerback that he's not afraid to bite, but Hilton has never been one to back down. He may be small, but he has just as much bite. Sprinkle in some bark, and that sums up Mike Hilton for you.

"Is to." Mike sings, lips parting to show off a wide smile.

Tee wants to punch the stupid look off of his face so badly. "Is not."

"Is to!"

"Is not!"

"Stop arguing!" Tyler shouts, having to step in and be the adult, even though Mike is the oldest. Oldest doesn't always mean the most mature, which he had to remind himself while they were bickering. "What Mike means is that she's your unofficial girlfriend."

Mike snaps his fingers and points at Tee. "When she should be your official one. Damn, Tee, make a move already. We're all tired of waiting."

Tee's mouth drops open in disbelief that he just said that. He looks at Tyler, expecting the other to be giving Mike the same look, but that's not the case. Tyler holds eye contact and mumbles, "He's not wrong..."

"You guys don't understand; (Y/n) is one in a million." Tee gets frustrated with the attention pointed at him. It always gets pointed at him and it's always because of you. "She's it. If I screw up, and she leaves, she's gone forever. There will never be another (Y/n)."

Mike nods, eyes soft. "We know that, but we also know that if you don't try, you'll never know. So try. The outcome may surprise you."

"He's not wrong," Tyler repeats, looking from the older to the younger.

Tee heavily sighs, a small frown playing at his lips. "I know he isn't, but that doesn't make me wanna make a move."

"It should," Mike tells him. "You're going to come crying to me the day a man sweeps her off her feet cause you didn't sweep her up first, and I won't feel bad for you."

Tyler reaches over to smack him in the back of the head and Mike quickly backpedals. "Okay, so I don't really mean that, but you'll never hear the end of it the day it happens, because if you don't do shit about it, you know it will happen."

"You aren't getting any younger, Tee," Tyler adds, offering a small smile. "(Y/n) isn't either. You either take your shot or miss."

"Don't be a bitch and miss." Tyler hits Mike again, but Mike only laughs, though he's serious about what he said. For you and Tee, he wants it to work out because he knows you love each other. And he loves you both, wants to see you happily together after going so long dancing around each other.