🕸 Joe Burrow 🕸

Requested by @armanibooker

Title: Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Warnings: A haunted mansion

—————

"Get dressed."

You look up from the book in your lap to see Joe walking to your shared closet. He startled you a little, since you hadn't heard him at all; not as he slammed the front door, rushed up the stairs, and entered the room.

Lips sealed, you close the book and sit there, patiently waiting for him to come back out. When he does, he stops once he realizes that you haven't moved at all. Your eyes ask him what the hurry is about.

"We're going to a Victorian mansion," he answers, legs coming back to life as he goes back into the closet. "A haunted Victorian mansion, if you want me to be specific."

A Victorian mansion sounded lovely, but a haunted one didn't exactly strike your interest. Slipping off the chair to stand, you follow your boyfriend into the closet. "We're going where?"

He turns, hands carefully working a hoodie from a hanger. "You heard me. Now get dressed." He frees the Bengals hoodie and tosses it at you. It's one of his, warm and comforting, with his smell clinging onto the soft fabric.

"Just the two of us?" You cock a brow and step to the other side of the closet where your clothes hang, preparing an outfit in your head as you flip through the many options.

"Ja'Marr and Tee are coming along." He's off to the bathroom to comb his hair. "We'll be fine, so there's no need to be scared. Hurry up and get your fine ass dressed before we leave you."

"They're here?"

"Waiting outside."

"Leave me here," you say, but you don't stop stripping. "I don't plan on getting murdered at a haunted house. I refuse to die next to you three idiots."

You're half-dressed when Joe rounds the corner and he sucks in a breath at the sight of you pulling his hoodie over your head, covering up your body and leaving him with just the image burned behind his eyes. It's up to his memory and imagination from here on out.

"I won't let any ghosts get you," he laughs, walking up behind you. His arms circle your waist and you fall back into him, grinning as he says, "I'm going to protect you the entire time."

"And Tee and Ja'Marr?" You roll your head onto his shoulder and tilt it back to meet his eye.

He shrugs. "They can protect each other."

The image that puts in your mind makes you laugh and the sound of your laugh has him beaming. You lift your hand and drag your fingers across his jaw. He catches it, brings your fingers to his lips and presses light kisses to each fingertip. Eyelids fluttering shut, you bathe in the feel of his body against yours, his lips on your skin.

"If I die," you begin, eyes opening. "I'm going to haunt you until the day you die." You're shut up with a deep kiss that honking from out front breaks up.

*time skip to the house*

"This is it?" You ask the second you step out of the vehicle. Before you, a huge Victorian mansion that stands three stories high, with a watch tower and everything. It's shadow stretches across the front yard, travels across the street and brushes the yard of the smaller Victorian house opposite it.

Millionaire Row. A two-lane road lined with tall, gorgeous Victorian mansion's filled to the brim with history.

"Yep. This is it." Ja'Marr smacks a hand on your shoulder and pulls you into a side hug, hand traveling down to your bicep and squeezing you tight against him.