-- Nick Bosa --

Title: Surprise Visit
Warnings: Mentions of cheating (not Nick)

__________________________

Love fucking sucks, you thought again and again as your eyes scanned over the array of books on the shelf before you.

You carefully slipped one out and flipped it over to look at the bright and colorful cover. It was some romance book with two people passionately kissing on the cover, which caused you to scowl and quickly shove it back into its place.

Romance and love and all that bullshit was the last thing you wanted to think about at the moment, especially after just getting cheated on by someone you thought you knew, but obviously didn't know well enough.

You sighed and began to walk down the aisle with the few books you had collected to go home to read; anything to take your mind off of the discovery you had made only last night.

As you were walking, a small cluster of new books caught your attention and immediately pulled you in. You moved the books you had collected into your left arm and began to flip through the little stacks with your free hand.

Someone quietly appeared on the opposite side of the shelf, but you paid them no attention and continued reading the titles. Your focus was on the books since you assumed the other person was just looking through the other shelf.

After a long moment, you felt that someone was watching you. You paused and noticed the person still standing there out of the corner of your eye. You thought they had left, but you were mistaken.

Are they staring at at me? You thought. When they still didn't move, your eyebrows pulled together in irritation and you quickly lifted your head to snap at them for being a creep.

"Can I help—" All words died on your tongue when you saw who it was. Your best friend —the love your life— Nick standing there, a small smile on his perfect lips.

"Hi." He breathed in his soft, angelic voice. His smile said that he was happy to see her, but his eyes held pain and a bit of guilt.

He was not supposed to be here and he knew it.

The books were long forgotten as you quickly made your way to the next aisle to stand in front of the towering man. You wanted to smile and hug him and tell him how happy you were to see him, but you couldn't because he wasn't supposed to be here. More importantly, he wasn't supposed to know about what happened.

"What are you doing here?" You hissed, staring up at him for an explanation with wide eyes.

His throat bobbed and he averted his eyes away from you. "I heard about your relationship and I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Your jaw tightened and you clinched your fist. "I am going to fucking murder Joey." You growled in a whisper under your breath, wanting to strangle the man with your bare hands for telling his little brother when you specifically told him not to tell Nick.

Nick heard your threat and quickly stepped in to defend his brother.

"I made him tell me." He sheepishly admitted. "I noticed last night on our call that you seemed off and so I asked Joey if he knew what was wrong and he said no, but I'm not an idiot and I knew he was lying. I told him I was worried about you and he finally broke and said he was too. I asked him what that meant and he explained what had happened."

"It's not a big deal," you whispered, trying to assure him so that he would stop worrying about you. You hated making anyone worry, but something about making Nick worry twisted your heart in all the worst ways.