-_- Ja'Marr Chase -_-

Quite a few people have asked for Ja'Marr, so this is for all of you Ja'Marr lovers. I want to dedicate it to NCTlovebott though :)

Title: Scaredy Cat
Warnings: Description for a horror movie
(The Evil Dead)

—————

Coming out of the hallway in your pajamas, the smell of burning popcorn enters your nostrils and stops you a few steps short of the living room.

"Ja'Marr," you call, eyes drifting to the kitchen where you spot your best friend leaned against the counter playing on his phone. "Are you burning the popcorn again?"

"Shit!"

It's sad, really, how you had to ask again. You aren't sure why you keep assigning him to make the popcorn when he burns it almost every time. The second go around he doesn't let it burn, but that first round gets him every time. Making popcorn was simple, but the wide receiver always found a way to make it complicated.

He jerks his head up, wide brown eyes falling on the microwave which still has 23 seconds on the timer. Tossing his phone onto the counter, he rushes over and opens the door, his nose scrunching up at the strong smell emitting from the steaming bag.

You heavily sigh and head into the living room, leaving him to it. He can handle it. Or at least you think he can. Sometimes you wonder if he really knows what he's doing or if he's just acting like he knows what he's doing. It's the latter, but Ja'Marr will never tell you that. At the end of the day, he's just a big kid. That's something he doesn't have to tell you; you already know.

"So what movie are we watching?" You ask, hand extending out to snatch a blanket from the back of the couch before you sit down. "It's your turn to pick."

Ja'Marr grabs a new bag of popcorn and places it in the microwave, phone forgotten so he can focus on the task at hand. "Joe recommended a movie called The Evil Dead."

Your eyebrows raise in surprise. "That sounds like the title to a horror movie."

"Last time I checked, you liked horror movies."

"Yeah, but I know someone," —that someone is standing in the kitchen— "who is scared of them." You pick up the remote and type the movie in. It's available to rent so you go ahead and press OK, since it's Ja'Marr's credit card that's connected to the tv anyway. He won't notice the 3.99 missing.

Ja'Marr comes around the corner a minute later, a big bowl of popcorn gripped tightly in one hand and his phone in the other. "Who is scared of horror movies?" He ask, hoping you had forgotten about the last time you and some of the guys had tried to watch a horror movie with him back in college.

You turn to look up at him as he prepares to sit, a wide grin on your face. "I'm looking right at him."

Fuck. You remembered.

The wide receiver laughs, a coverup for his nerves. "Horror movies ain't scary. I ain't no scaredy cat. I fear nothing."

"Sure you don't..." you mumble, lifting up one side of the blanket in an invitation for him to join you. He brightly smiles and takes a seat beside you, making himself comfortable. "If you're not afraid, than I guess we could start the movie."