___Sam Hubbard___

Requested by Octavia1389

Title: Angel From Above
Warnings: Insecurity and partial nudity with lots of touching. Nothing too sexual though. I'll mark it as light smut because it kinda is ngl...

—————

Sam is working out alongside his teammates when his phone lights up with your name and picture.

The music blasting from his earbuds is replaced by the ringtone and he stops what he's doing to answer the call.

Before he has a chance to speak, you're talking. "I hate to bother you when I know you're busy at work doing whatever it is you're doing, but I desperately need your help."

His brows pinch together in worry at your frantic tone. "Is everything okay?" He keeps his voice low, not wanting to bother anyone who isn't listening to music. There's few of them, but he doesn't want to get the ones who can hear him riled up.

"Yeah, I'm just on a time limit and I need your help real quick." His worry washes away as you continue on. "Can I FaceTime you?"

He looks around to see if anyone is paying him any attention. They're all doing their own thing so he goes back to talking to you. "Most of the guys from defense are here in the gym with me, but over half of them have music in their ears. If you're okay with the chance of them cutting in and interrupting us than yes I can."

"Hell yeah I'm okay with that because I love all of them," you lightly laugh.

Sam smiles at the sound and pulls his phone away from his ear to prop it against a weight on the floor. When you request to FaceTime, he quickly slides to answer.

It takes it a second but then your face appears. The sight of him lights you up inside and you feel your lips lift. "Hey, handsome. I've missed your face."

"Shhh, don't let the guys hear you. They'll tease me forever," he tells you in a hushed whisper. He's grinning when he says it and you play along, nodding.

"Okay, I'll spare you the embarrassment," you promise, setting your phone up on the hotel nightstand and crouching down to be eye level with the camera. "I have three dresses to choose from and I don't know which one I should wear. That's where you come in."

His brows raise in interest and you fondly roll your eyes. He laughs and plants his elbow into his thigh, tightening his hand into a fist and resting his cheek on it. "I'd be more than happy to help you choose a dress."

Before either of you have a chance to say anything, a singsong voice cuts through the pause of silence. It's one that Sam couldn't ignore even if he tried. The earbuds in his ears did nothing to block the man out.

"Did someone say something about picking a dress?"

Sam's eyes momentarily shut. He doesn't have to turn around and you giggle at the look on his face.

"Mike, go away."

The cornerback moves from where he had frozen upon hearing Sam's first words and comes up behind the defensive end, peering over his broad shoulder to look at the phone screen.