🕸 Justin Herbert 🕸

Title: Boyfriend Named Tanner
Warnings: None

—————

There was absolutely no reason why the shoes that went with his daughter's costume had to be covered in pink glitter. It's stuck to his hands, all over his sweatshirt, and beginning to rain on the floor. But they make (D/n) happy, so he keeps quiet.

He secures the velcro straps of the shoes and sits back, proud of his work. A look down at his glitter covered hands has his nose wrinkling in displeasure. And lucky him, you look up to see him running his hands across the living room rug, transferring the glitter from his hands to the carpet.

"Justin!" You shout, tone stern. He quickly rips his hands away and looks up, feigning innocence. You shoot him a scolding look.

"What? You need to vacuum whatever fell off the shoes anyway," he points out and you roll your eyes, letting it go.

Giving his attention to his daughter, he ask, "So why did we go with Minnie Mouse this year? I thought Clawdeen from Monster High was your new obsession? Last time I checked, she was."

"I be Minnie Mouse because Tanner be Mickey." The little girl answers as soon as her dad finishes talking. He shuts up at the mention of a boy, because it's way too early to be talking about boys.

He tilts his head in curiosity and presses his lips together in thought. "Who is Tanner?"

"He's one of her classmates," you answer, watching him closely for a reaction.

His mind is going a hundred mph. It's rare to find boys nowadays that were raised right. What if this kid corrupts his little girl? What if he's bad news and a horrible influence? What if—

"Baby," you call, hands on your hips. "Stop overthinking. Ive met him before and he's a wonderful kid. You're also his favorite football player. That's always a good sign."

He stands up to see you better. You're in the kitchen drying off the dishes, so he walks over to ask more questions. "Is Tanner the kid that you said she was best friends with?"

"He my boyfriend!" (D/n) corrects from her place on the couch. Uh oh is the only words that come to your mind in that moment. Your poor kid had not the slightest clue what she had just done, but you sure did.

Justin spins around at rapid speed, eyes dark. "Boyfriend?" She nods, standing her ground. "Young lady, you are too young to have a boyfriend."

"Tanner color with me every day," she sasses, further proving that he is her "boyfriend". You stand back and watch with your chin in your palms, because this is going to be an argument for the ages.

The brunet scoffs, getting defensive. "I color with you every day too. Tanner doesn't sound so special now, does he? I'm way better than that kid." He's desperately trying to hold onto his title as your daughter's best friend, but it's slowly slipping away to some kid.

"Justin," you softly call. He glances over at you, but only for a second. "Baby, she's four."

Your husband puts his hands on his hips and turns to you. His body language screams sass, much like the sass his daughter was using against him. "(Y/n), her sass levels are up here," he pauses to hold his hand high above his head, "and I'm going to need them to go down to here." He brings his hand down to about his hip and you knowingly smile.