?¿? Trey Hendrickson ?¿?

Requested by kad85004

Title: Just Hold Me
Warnings: Having a bad day

—————

The front door opened and Trey instantly felt the light atmosphere in the house grow dark.

The content look that had once painted his features vanished as he stepped out of the kitchen to peer around the corner, where he spotted you just standing there by the now closed front door.

He could see it on your face that you weren't your normal self and his heart dropped. He started making his way to you and your gaze lifted when you heard his feet padding against the floor.

He warmly smiled as your eyes found his. "Welcome home, baby." He softly said, opening his arms for a hug.

"Hey." You weakly murmured before falling into his embrace. You melted when his arms circled you and your body was completely engulfed in him.

Nothing was said for a moment, until Trey couldn't take the silence anymore and quietly spoke up. "You seem...upset. Are you okay?"

You squeezed your eyes shut. "Bad day." You whispered. "Really bad day."

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked.

You shook your head. "No. Just hold me. Please."

He understood and held you a little tighter. This time he let the silence drag on for a little longer. It was what you needed and he would do anything in the world for you. So he held you and said nothing for a very long time.

After some time, he pulled away enough to gaze down and meet your eyes. "Here's what we're going to do: you're going to go upstairs and take a nice, hot bath. And you can stay in there for as long as you want to. While you bathe, I'm going to make dinner."

Your heart warmed, but you shook your head. "You don't have to do that." You told him, reaching up to gently brush his hair out of his eyes.

"Yes I do. I want to." He explained. "I love taking care of you. Let me do what I love. Please."

You looked into his eyes and pouted. "I hate when people bend over backwards for me."

He chuckled and nodded. "I know you do, but sometimes we have to let someone take care of us. We can only do so much before we can't cooperate anymore. Let me spoil you."

You knew he wasn't going to back down, so you sighed in defeat and he smiled victoriously— earning a look from you.

You stepped out of his arms and pointed a finger at him. "Don't burn the house down. Or cut your fingers off. Or make a mess. Or—"

He shut you up by leaning down and quickly kissing you. He was smiling and you were finding it hard to suppress your own smile. "Don't worry. You're stressing yourself. Relax. I've got this."

You grinned, your eyes filling with tears. "Thank you, Trey. God, thank you." You expressed your gratitude and he brushed it off.

"Don't thank me. I'm doing this because I love you."

"I'm still going to thank you." You said. "I love you so much."