Chapter 5: 进镇 (Go to the City)

Seeing him coming over, he immediately said cheerfully, "Ziqi, I heard that you had moved here, so we came to help, and this is what my mother asked me to bring over."

Zhong Ziqi was surprised: "Say thanks to Auntie for me,it's really 'to send charcoal in snowy weather'. I was just worried about what to cover tonight."

[雪中送炭: Give people charcoal to warm people in snowy days / It is a metaphor for giving material or spiritual help when others need it urgently]

"What with this send charcoal?! Just tell me what you need. Between you and me,we are brothers, not strangers." Zhao Ning complained.

Zhong Ziqi knew that being too polite would be like being unfamiliar, it was rare to have such a friend, so he had to cherish it: "Sure, then I'll ask you and Brother Sheng to help me clean up." From his memory, he knew the young guy was Zhao Ning's big brother, Zhao Sheng,who was now engaged and would be married after the autumn harvest. Like his father, he was an honest man.

The four of them work faster than the two. Zhao Zheng'an may look silly, but he works so fast that Zhong Ziqi can't match. He is amazed.He clicked one's tongue in wonder when he saw it, even Zhao Ning said it was a pity.

[啧啧称奇; to click one's tongue in wonder (idiom) / to be astonished]

After busting all morning, he was finally able to sit down. Zhong Ziqi wanted to go to the Zhao family's vegetable patch to pick some vegetables for cooking, but was embarrassed to find that there were no spices and even the cooking utensils were incomplete.

In the end it was Zhao Ning who didn't care and said, "Forget it! today, you've just moved in, have to clean up, we'll come back and dine when you've got everything ready."

"Alright then, thank you so much for today."

"You're being polite again aren't you? Come on! Let's go and eat at my place!"

"No, we have rice at home, so we'll just have to cope with it for a bite today. Tomorrow I'll go into town and buy something." Zhong Ziqi didn't want to bother people,they were giving him a quilt and helping him out, so he refused Zhao Ning's kind offer.

After sending the two away, Zhong Ziqi closed the door, turned his head to look at Zhao Zheng'an, who was following him out, then he asked with a smile, "Are you hungry? I'll go and cook."

Zhao Zheng'an rubbed his stomach and said honestly. "Hungry, it keeps calling all the time."

Zhong Ziqi thought that was funny and smiled, then he went inside to lay out the blanket, in order to let Zhao Zheng'an rest for a while while he went to the kitchen. The kitchen was tidied up, looked emptier, so he poured out the brown rice, washed it carefully, put it in a pot, put in some vegetables and a little salt. He made a pot of vegetable porridge.

Zhao Zheng'an ate heartily, since his father and mother did not give him enough food at home, after all,still the wife was better, let him eat as much as he wanted.

The busy day passed so quickly, at night when he was resting, Zhong Ziqi thought that he didn't have to squeeze in with Zhao Zheng'an because he has two rooms now, but as soon as he discussed it with Zhao Zheng'an, he was met with a strong reaction "Wife, I want to sleep with you, don't you want me?" Zhao Zheng'an said this while his eyes were red again, his hand clutching Zhong Ziqi tightly and not letting him go.

Zhong Ziqi, taking a deep breath, said in his heart, Your tears are priceless, aren't they? Say drop then the tear just drops like that, you definitely could become an actor.