Chapter 62: 回来 (Return)

In a flash, almost half a month has passed. Zhong Ziqi didn't have time to count down the time. He discussed the date (Zhao Sheng's marriage)with Zhao Amu and the others, joined in the fun.

        After almost a month of getting along with each other, both the Zhao Amu family and that Ger's family were very satisfied with each other. Especially that ger's family deeply felt that this was a meat pie falling from the sky. The main reasons were Zhao family's family conditions and their family comparison with them was simply between heaven and earth. They were people from ten miles away and eight villages around here. They were also near the town, so the slightest whiff of trouble could be transmitted for several miles immediately.

[The literal words for it- 风吹草动 fēng chuī cǎo dòng : grass stirring in the wind (idiom)]

        Their family knew about the Zhao family because their business was very popular in the town, but at that time they were just envious. They never imagined that the Zhao family would now be married to their own, which was a blessing they had 'cultivated in a previous life' for their family, An Ning,

        Once the two parents saw that the two children were to have an affinity with each other . The two parties saw that the two children were on 'I am willing and you're willing's terms' so they decided and started to discuss the date for the marriage. It was already winter. Chinese New Year was only a few months away so the two families decided to get married before then. Although initially the ger's family wanted to keep him at home for one last year to celebrate chinese new year together yet Zhao Amu said that the two families were close to each other, just one village away, he would let Zhao Sheng accompany An Ning home for the chinese new year. The An family heard this words therefore there was no reason to decline anymore.

[情投意合 qíng tóu yì hé; to have an affinity with each other (idiom) / to find each other congenial]

        In the past few days, Zhong Ziqi was so distracted by this matter that he forgot about the day.

        It was not until this day when work was finished, Zhong Ziqi and Zhao Ning were laughing and talking on the way before they returned home thus they discovered that the lock on the front door was missing.It was obviously still there when they left earlier, there was no way they both could remembered it wrong.

    "Could it be a thief?"

        Zhong Ziqi said warily, his eyes sweeping around as he picked up an arm-thick wooden stick. Zhao Ning also picked up a wooden stick in fear, followed Zhong Ziqi behind him, and whispered worriedly:"Be careful, Ziqi! If it's impossible, wait for me. I'll go back and call my father."

        The two gentle and frail-looking gers could not stop a strong adult man, not to mention the fact that they didn't even know how many people were inside!

        Zhong Ziqi also knew this reason, so he turned his head and shushed: "I'll open the door quietly and see who's inside. If the situation is not good, we will immediately run."

            He was hiding all his belongings in his room. No matter how generous he was, he would still feel distressed over it. It was his hard earned money with Zhao Zheng'an over the past few months.He didn't want to underestimate anyone but he wanted to see who had the guts to steal from his house?

        Zhong Ziqi took a deep breath and gently opened the door to a gap.He took a look inside and saw that there was nothing unusual. Da Hei and Xiao Hei were sleeping in the yard as usual.