Chapter 56: 商量 (Discuss)

That night, Shen Yu Bei stayed overnight at their house. There were only two bedrooms in the Zhao family's ancestral home, one was occupied by Zhong Ziqi and Zhao Zheng'an while the other room was naturally given to Shen Yu Bei and his servants.

The room where Shen Yu bei stayed for the night had the 'huo kang' (Heated brick bed) which was used by rural people in winter. It was no problem for two or three people to squeeze in there. Zhong Ziqi brought the quilt over and laid it out carefully.

As for how the two of them were going to sleep afterwards, that was not their business.

[Pic of Huo Kang= Heated brick bed]

Heated brick Bed

There was no entertainment in the night so they said 'good night' to each other and went to their respective rooms for an early night's rest.

Zhong Ziqi undressed and got into bed. As he shivered, he burrowed into Zhao Zheng'an's warm arms and said, "Our house is a bit old, do you think we should build a new one? In the future, when we have guests at home, they can also stay in it."

Zhao Zheng'an yawned and placed his chin on his head, saying in a soft voice, "Well, it's good to build one. This house is too old and can't bear it, in case of a natural calamity or man-made disaster."

"Yeah."

If there was an earthquake, or a rainstorm, their house would definitely fall down.

"It's getting cold now. It's going to be winter soon. We'll have to build it next spring when the snow and ice have melted."

"Then we'll build it next year, there's no hurry."

"En."

In the middle of the night, Zhong Ziqi was half asleep when he suddenly felt a bit cold. He subconsciously rubbed against Zhao Zheng'an's side, but was not comforted.

He opened his eyes in a daze, through the blurred moonlight, he saw Zhao Zheng'an was panting and sweating with his face turned towards him.

All at once, Zhong Ziqi's sleepiness ran out.

"Got another headache?"

Zhong Ziqi asked gently, lifting his hand to gently massage several acupuncture points on his head, which he had specially learned from the old doctor. The old doctor was helpless ( 束手無策) with Zhao Zheng'an's case so he could only teach Zhong Ziqi how to massage at a few important acupuncture points.

[束手無策 shù shǒu wú cè: lit. to have one's hands bound and be unable to do anything about it (idiom); fig. helpless in the face of a crisis]

"Feeling better?"

"En..."

Zhao Zheng'an's voice was a little weak. Each of his headaches lasted for about five minutes, which looked and felt short, but only those who endured the pain knew how long it was, it was like going to split his head in two.

"It looks like we still have to find that miracle doctor as soon as possible." Zhong Ziqi muttered.

Hong Ying, who had been lying straight next door, sat up silently, his ears pricked up, not knowing what he was listening to.

"What's wrong?" Shen Yu Bei narrowed his eyes at Hong Ying who was not far from him.

"Answering master, this subordinate heard a sound next door."

"No one came in, right?"

"No."

"Then don't bother."