Chapter 42: 回钟家 ( Return to the Zhong Family)

The next day, after finishing work, Zhong Ziqi went to the market to re-buy a few catties of meat, bought two boxes of pastries and took the fabric he had bought last time to the Zhong family's house.

To have some effect, they passed through the crowded area. Someone asked them where they were going by carrying so many goodies? Then Zhong Ziqi would smile and reply, "Back to the Zhong family to see my grandfather and grandAmu."

Then, they would be complimented. The Zhong family treated Zhong Ziqi really badly, selling him even before his mourning period was over. His grandparents, as the elders, were even weaker and incompetent. They only blindly follow their eldest son's family and classify them as their family. If they had such relatives, they wouldn't have bothered with them.

[馬首是瞻 mǎ shǒu shì zhān: to follow blindly (idiom) / to take as one's only guide]

When they arrived at the Zhong family home, they all happened to be there. Zhong Ziqi ignored Li Xiu Juan's disgusted smile and greeted the Zhong family elders directly: "Grandfather, grandAmu, I've come to see you, this is for you."

Zhong Ziqi put the items in his hand on the table. Li Xiu Juan immediately smiled and went over to look at each item. There was meat and pastry, it was not cheap so that meant the family could have a good meal. When he saw two old dark-coloured fabrics, he tossed it aside with displeasure.

Zhong Ziqi didn't notice, but Zhao Zheng'an was secretly laughing. When Zhong Ziqi chose the fabric, he chose the colour that was suitable for the elderly, which was particularly old and would make if the young people wore it, they would look very ugly and old-fashioned. Li Xiu Juan probably wanted to keep the fabric for himself, but he didn't like this old fashioned fabric.

"Qi Ge'er,you are back! Your grandfather and I have missed you." The GrandAmu grabbed Zhong Ziqi's hand as he smiled kindly and affectionately. He was not the same at all with the time when Zhong Ziqi got married. At that time, his entire face was cold. At first the predecessor of this body had begged these two elders not to sell him, but the two elders had not even given a fart.

[Tl notes; They hadn't even given a fart mean that they don't even care at all]

"That's right, this kid! We are not far away from each other, yet you don't often come back to visit us. Your grandfather and grandAmu always tell me that they miss you and want to see you." Zhong Zhen Ping agreed before he turned his eyes to the silent Zhao Zheng'an: "I heard that Zheng'an has recovered. That's good! Otherwise, Qi Ge'er would have resented us for the rest of his life."

Zhao Zheng'an smiled politely but he didn't say anything. He didn't understand what was going on in this Zhong family, so being silent was the best.

On the contrary, Zhong Ziqi did not even look at him (Zhong Zhen Ping) and said to the two old men: "In the future, I will come to see you on New Year's Day. I think this is the biggest concession I can make. I am a married ger so I have no obligation to support you, but when I have free time, I will come to see you. With this, you guys should be satisfied."

The crowd was silent ...

They didn't expect that Zhong Ziqi would not even be willing to save face. Just like this, in front of his own husbands, he reveals their true faces.

"Grandpa, GrandAmu!" A clear voice rang out before they saw two children about the same age as Zhong Ziqi running out of the room which once belonged to Zhong Ziqi's family. It was none other than Zhong Zhen Ping's two children, Zhong Zijun and Zhong Ziheng.

The two of them ran into the hall and finally saw that there was someone else in the house. It was none other than their cousin in the name, whom they hated the most.