Chapter 10: 准备 (Preparation)

The moment the door creaked open, a sturdy and dark-skinned man came out of it. His body was dirty, with a knife in one hand and a wooden shovel in his other hand, his lapels stained with wood shavings,by just one glance, it was obvious what he had just been doing

"What's the matter? These two are?"

Uncle Huang looked at the two people who had suddenly appeared, as he asked his family's spouse.

Huang Amu told him about Zhong Ziqi briefly.

Uncle Huang was very quick to say: "If you want to rent, you can rent! Look at how young you guys were, I'll tell you the truth, it's hard to do business on the pier,unless you're good at what you do, you'll be pushed out sooner or later. That's what happened to my family's wife. He was the one who made this, but his skills were so mediocre that he had to ....so if you don't have good skills, I think you should forget it and be careful of losing your money."

Huang Amu nodded his head with sadness when he remembered the bitter experience that happened to him.

Zhong Ziqi was surprised to meet two good-hearted people, he smiled gently and said: "I'm not going to hide from you that we are a couple who have just split up from the main family and are living independent, seeing that there is not much money in the family, so we have to put our minds on this.When my Amu was alive, he taught me how to cook, so I'm a bit better at it. We can hear the good intentions of Uncle and Huang Amu, but if we don't do something, there's no hope, but if we do, there's a slight hope. Don't you think so?"

Uncle Huang was surprised that a ger could say something like that. He couldn't help but look sideways at the young boy who had been silent, standing slightly behind his ger.

Zhong Ziqi could also see his confusion so he turned to take Zhao Zheng'an's hand, saying with a bitter smile, "I'm sure you two are also confused, right? Why am I the one who keeps talking, in fact — in fact, my husband, he's hurt here and something is wrong." Zhong Ziqi pointed to his head.

"That's —no wonder. Poor thing! It's not easy for you as a ger." Huang Amu said with pity.

"Well, in that case, we won't say anything more. Now, you could start negotiating the price for rent! " Uncle Huang said it while shaking his head.

Their two children were not with them so seeing both of them was like seeing his own children.

So, Zhong Ziqi rented the cart for a cheap price of eight wen a day.It was written on the note that if there was a delay, if it was less than half a day, it would be counted as half a day, if less than a day, it would be counted as a day. If he picks up the cart in the morning then they would come back to settle for the rent.It was really cheap to pay 8 wen for the rental.Zhong Ziqi was convinced that it was because the two of them had taken pity on him that they let him pay the money after he finished the work.

After the important things were done, Zhong Ziqi was so relieved that he took Zhao Zheng'an out for a stroll in the street. Zhao Zheng'an gradually returned to his usual lively self.

He stopped at a candy gourd vendor and bought a bunch of candy gourds for two wen then he handed them to Zhao Zheng'an: "Eat."

Zhao Zheng'an gladly took it, looking at it left and right, unable to eat it.

Zhong Ziqi looked amused: "Eat it! it will all melt later."

After hear what he said, Zhao Zheng'an handed the candy cane to his mouth, " Wife eat it!"

Zhong Ziqi was stunned. After that, he spread a smile and opened his mouth to eat one: "You eat ba! I don't like it."