Chapter 51: 试探(Try out/ to probe)

In the evening, at the dinner table, Zhao Zheng'an ate spicy meat slices made by Zhong Ziqi. Inhaling the spicy air yet his mouth pretended to say without thinking, "My wife's skill is good, is our Amu

(cooking skill) even better?"

"Ah ... is fine, Amu said I already made it better than his, so he didn't teach me anymore." Zhong Ziqi said a little unnaturally, because the memory of his Amu, is not very good at cooking, just barely good enough to eat, very ordinary.

So, if he talked too much and later they met with someone who knows his Amu, wouldn't he be exposed right away?!

Zhao Zheng'an suddenly realized that this is what they called 'the color blue is made out of indigo but is more vivid than indigo' right?!

[青出于蓝而胜于蓝 ( 青出於藍而勝於藍 )

qīng chū yú lán ér shèng yú lán

lit. The color blue is made out of indigo but is more vivid than indigo (idiom) / fig. the student surpasses the master]

Both of them were so preoccupied with their own thoughts and did not notice that something was wrong with each other.

"Our Amu (Shen Amu) is amazing. You've been taught to be so successful.I heard from my Amu that when your Amu gave birth to a Ger, many people 'rejoiced in other people's misfortune' but now the whole village is envious!" Zhao Zheng'an looked excited (in high spirit) : "You say, your Amu is so good-looking, not like us, ordinary people. Is it possible ......"

Zhong Ziqi frowned and swallowed the rice in his mouth: "You mean that my Amu hid his identity?"

Zhao Zheng'an continue to bit into his chopsticks: "Just a guess, mainly because your Amu's looks and temperament are not like our ordinary people."

Zhong Ziqi searched his mind for the original Amu. Indeed, the tone of his voice, the way he was taught, his behavior, his manner, and his 'literacy' were all different from those of ordinary families. If Zhao Zheng'an didn't say it, he didn't notice it, but when he did, he felt that suspicions were everywhere.

Could it be?

Was his Amu really hiding his identity?

Once Zhao Zheng'an saw that he had listened to him, he spoke, trying even harder: "Hey ....it's possible that if your Amu was born from a rich family, wouldn't you be a...young master? Haha"

Zhong Ziqi looked at the laughing man with a black line.How come he had never realized he had such a big brain?

"Little Young Master (Xiao Zhao ye)?" Zhao Zheng'an called out in a teasing manner.

"Are you still going to eat or not? I'll serve it away if you don't." Zhong Ziqi glared at him warningly.

"No, no, no, I'll eat." Zhao Zheng'an's eyes and hands were quick to take a large chopstick of the dish and eat it into his mouth.

"You ah, don't guess blindly either! All these years, no one has come looking for me. That means, you guessed it wrong. And if there was such a thing, even if they came, they would be them and I would be me. I wouldn't accept 'that unreal fame and money'. It doesn't belong to me, of course it certainly doesn't belong to you either!"

Zhong Ziqi's voice rose an octave on the last sentence, just in case Zhao Zheng'an had any sneaky ideas. They had lived together for so long, he trusted him as a person, but wasn't sure if he would be swayed by the lure of money.