Chapter 8: 进山 (Into the Mountain)

After a meal, Zhao Sheng had already shed off his initial unfamiliarity. He knocked on his little brother's head, saying: "Look at you! You can't cook at all,whenever you cook, the frying pan ends up burned. If you have time, you have to learn from Qi Ge'er, so that later when you enter your in-laws' house, you won't be at a disadvantage."

Zhao Ning said angrily when his older brother exposed him, "In your heart, my sister-in-law is the best, I know, as your little brother, I had to stand aside."

Zhao Sheng scratched his head in embarrassment.

Zhong Ziqi watched with amusement as the two siblings bicker with each other,from time to time he was also interjecting, while Zhao Zheng'an was already sitting on a stool, dozing off.

It was getting late,with the remaining light of the summer night, Zhao Ning and Zhao Sheng went back to their home.Before they left, Zhong Ziqi brought a large bowl of vegetables for Zhao Ning to take back, it was for uncle Zhao and Zhao Amu to eat. Zhao Ning and Zhao Sheng both refused to take it, but Zhong Ziqi forced it on them and said, "This is not for you, this is for Uncle and Amu, it's useless for you guys to refuse it! Hurry up and leave!"

Since Zhao Ning was unable to persuade him, Zhao Ning had to go home with the big bowl.Zhao Amu was just eating with Zhao Baogen. In the summer, dinner is late in the countryside, that's why they can do more work.Seeing his ger return with a bowl, she wondered, "Don't tell me after you've eaten dinner there, you guys still pack a bowl and bring it back?"

Zhao Sheng scratched his head in embarrassment, "Qi Ge'er insisted on bringing it back for you guys to try."

Zhao Ning put the bowl on the table, opened it, immediately the aroma of the food reached the nose.: "Amu, dad, try it! Ziqi's skill is excellent,even my brother and I are still holding up from eating it!"

Zhao Amu shook his head and said, "You're no good! ( Useless!)" But he and Zhao Baogen still took a chopstick and tasted it, and it was just as his ger had said, even though he had been cooking for many years, yet he couldn't even catch up.

Even the quiet Zhao Baogen gave a rare compliment: "It's delicious! There is also quite a lot of oil in it."

Zhao Amu nodded and said, "But unfortunately Qi Ge'er is still too young to know how to save, but I didn't expect him to have such a skill."

......

Zhong Ziqi cleaned up the dishes before waking up Zhao Zheng'an, who was sound asleep,then he wiped his oily face with a wet towel.Zhao Zheng'an was still in a daze and confused, so he just did as his wife pleased. After wiping his face, Zhong Ziqi helped him up: "Get up! Let's go to bed! "

"Oh," Zhao Zheng'an replied dazedly, twisting and turning, heading for the bedroom.

"Take off your clothes before you go to bed!" Seeing that Zhao Zheng'an was about to fall down like this, Zhong Ziqi hurriedly pulled him back.

"Oh." Zhao Zheng'an while his eyes closed, he began to pull on his clothes, his hands fumbling around for the buttons, like a drunken man.

Zhong Ziqi didn't know whether to smile or to cry, he sighed before he helped him unbutton his clothes and take them off. Zhao Zheng'an closed his eyes, smiled foolishly and muttered, "My wife is so nice!" Thus he fell asleep.

Zhong Ziqi couldn't help but roll his eyes, he didn't care anymore. He went to the kitchen to boil some hot water for himself, too tired to take a bath,so he wiped himself before he also fell asleep.

The next day,they ate the leftovers from last night, which smelled good even overnight. After eating, Zhong Ziqi found that there was really nothing to do at home, so he wanted to go to the fields to see the three acres of land that he got after they had been separated from the Zhao family. In fact, he also wanted to go up to the mountains to see if there was any way to make money, but he didn't know the way there, therefore he had to ask an acquaintance to show him the way.