Chapter 70: 回清水镇 [Back to Qing Shui Town]

On the way back, because taking Zhong Ziqi's health into consideration, the speed of the journey was really slowed down. Even though Zhong Ziqi repeatedly stated that he did not feel any discomfort and the carriage could speed up, Zhao Zheng'an still continued in his own way and told the cart driver to slow down a little.

Fortunately, there was a relay station stop and a farmhouse along the way, otherwise, Zhao Zheng'an must have been cut off from taking his medicine.

Just like this, the two of them unhurriedly took their time. By the time they got back to Qing Shui Town, it was less than ten days before the Chinese New Year. At this moment, the town was full of the Chinese New Year's cheerful atmosphere, everywhere was red. There were red paper cuttings for sale, red 'pair of lines of verse written vertically down the sides of a doorway' for sale, red lanterns, and red firecrackers ....

        Everyone's faces were filled with the longing (looking forward) for the New Year too.

        Zhao Zheng'an, carrying his things with one hand and holding Zhong Ziqi with his other hand,slowly walked to the big mansion. After almost a month of absence, they were really uneasy and wanted to see whether Wang Jicheng had caused some trouble or not.

     It was after noon, so business at the workshop gradually cooled down and was not as busy as it had been in the morning. However, there were still a few cart drivers waiting in twos and threes. Some of them even looked familiar. Seeing Zhong Ziqi and Zhao Zheng'an, they obviously didn't know both of them and thought they were the same as them who had come to buy You Tiao and Mahua.

        It wasn't until someone else who knew them, that person greeted Zhao Zheng'an and Zhong Ziqi: "Zhao Xiao Zi, where did you and your family Fu Lang go to have a good time? Finally, you are willing to come back!"

        Zhao Zheng'an smiled after hearing what he said, "I went out for some important matters. I don't know whether the housekeeper treats you thoughtlessly or not?"

        Hearing this,the man immediately shook his head, "No, nothing like that! Steward Wang is very nice, although he looked quite scary at first, he is actually very warm-hearted and has helped us a lot."

        "That's good! I was afraid that he might have made some careless mistakes."

         Zhao Zheng'an laughed 'He he' and talked to them for a while before entering the workshop.

        "Who is that?"

        After Zhao Zheng'an had left, someone came over and asked.

        The man who had just spoken to Zhao Zheng'an looked at him a few times and shook his head:"No eyesight (没眼力)!The Mahua and You tiou you bought are belong to him. He is the owner of this place."

(没眼力 : Lack of the ability to discern things or not having the ability to make a good judgments)

        "Ah! They are the owners? I've only heard that the owner is young, but how can he be called as young? He's not even as old as me!"

    The man looked like he was suffering from the shock, he wasn't very old himself, he was only around twenty years.He was an apprentice of the restaurant from another town. He had just been sent here a while ago to receive the goods. He had only met the steward Wang, he hadn't met with the boss at all. When he had heard that the boss was out of town, he was quite regretful about that. He had no idea that he would suddenly meet them today. Looking at two of them were young and dressed up somehow, nothing extraordinary, he had almost offended them because he failed to recognize the mount Tai (figuratively, it meant someone who was important or sb's with great talent).That person broke out in a cold sweat. Sure enough, he shouldn't judge a book by its cover as he almost got into trouble.