Chapter 19: 商船 (Merchant Ship)

Zhong Ziqi looked anxious so he asked Zhao Zheng'an what was wrong.

"If you don't tell me, I'll ignore you!"

This tactic worked 100times effectively, Zhao Zheng'an looked panic-stricken, his hand clutching the corner of his sleeve, afraid that Zhong Ziqi would leave him behind.

Zhong Ziqi said slowly, "Tell me, what's wrong? Who is bullying you? Wife will vent it out for you."

"No one is bullying me, but bullying you." Zhao Zheng'an suddenly spoke, his voice still tinged with anger and annoyance.

Zhong Ziqi didn't think it was about himself so he froze for a moment, thus he asked curiously, "Who bullied me? Did someone say something to you?"

Zhao Zheng'an, who could not hide anything, told Zhong Ziqi what he had heard, at the end he said in really serious tone "My wife is not that kind of person."

Although Zhong Ziqi was angry at the village people's shabby mouth, he was also attracted by Zhao Zheng'an's trusting and serious look, "Then, what am I like?"

Zhao Zheng'an tilted his head, thinking: "My wife is the best wife in the whole world." Zhao Zheng'an only felt that this description was the best, the most suitable for his wife so he couldn't help but grin happily.

Zhong Ziqi also did not know whether to laugh or cry but at the same time his heart was touched by the fact that it was not necessary to do anything.Just a word of support, a word of comfort, is the best superglue to make him heal quickly.

"All right! Let's not be angry, they can say what they like, we won't lose a piece of meat anyway."

"Why would they say that?" This was what Zhao Zheng'an didn't understand.

Zhong Ziqi pondered for a moment and said, "Because, ah, they are jealous!"

"What is 'jealous'?"

"Because there are some things we have and they don't, and they get jealous and unhappy."

Zhao Zheng'an seemed to understand but also not, "So we could just give it to them? That way they'll be happy."

"That's ours, if we give it to them, then we have nothing, what will you do?" Zhong Ziqi threw the question back

"Well ...... then don't give it to them yet, Wife,don't be unhappy!" Zhao Zheng'an didn't even think about it, before he made his answer.

Zhong Ziqi was satisfied, not that he was stingy, he wanted to prevent someone from making a bad move from Zhao Zheng'an in the future therefore he took precautions in advance.

"Okay, don't think about it! You go and fetch water for me! Carry it to the back of the house." Zhong Ziqi handed him the wooden bucket.

With his problem solved, Zhao Zheng'an was happy again, carrying the bucket, skipping and jumping, to the well.

Zhong Ziqi put his mind at ease as he returned to the courtyard, where the three children were still honestly staying, calling out obediently when they saw him coming, "Brother Ziqi".

Zhong Ziqi had nothing to eat at home, only some fruit left, so he picked out some good-looking ones to give to them: "Take them and eat! Brother Zheng'an can't play with you anymore for today. If you guys have time, please come back again later, okay?"

The three children took one fruit in each hand, thanked Zhong Ziqi happily, then ran away one after another.

After locking the door, Zhong Ziqi took his tools and went to the vegetable garden, digging a hole, sowing seeds, watering and burying the soil,these four steps. By the time they were done, it was already dark.