Chapter 26: 鸡仔 (Chicken ?)

After shopping, Zhong Ziqi and Zhao Zheng'an went to Uncle Huang's house. Huang Amu, who opened the door,was both happy and worried when he saw it was them.

        "Huang Amu, Uncle Huang."Zhong Ziqi greeted them with a calm face, as if nothing had happened.

        "Qi Ge'er..." Huang Amu looked at him with a desire to say something.

Zhong Ziqi knew he couldn't hide it from them: "You've heard about that matter, right?"

        "Already know! " Uncle Huang sighed, the whole pier was noisy and tumultuous with the news, most of them were 'rejoice in other people's misfortune', only few were regretful.

"Qi Ge'er, this Chang Shun restaurant is not a good place to mess with, it has the backing of the magistrate. We,as ordinary people, can't afford to mess with them. If you can't—just sell the recipes!" Huang Amu said worriedly.

Zhong Ziqi's heart was warmed, knowing that these old couple were genuinely looking out for him.The old couple, who had only had one son all their lives. This son had been drafted into the army the years before. Now almost three years have passed.The first two years, he would write to them, but this year, they didn't receive a single letter, which made them very anxious, but they couldn't do anything about it. The appearance of Zhong Ziqi and his friends diverted their attention. The four energetic figures gave them something to look forward to. Their hearts were full of love.The worries about their son were also diluted.

        "Amu, Uncle, don't you guys worry, I've already put the recipe —sold." Zhong Ziqi said plainly, but it startled those who were listening.

        "Sold it? Who did you sell it to?" Huang Amu and Uncle Huang froze.

        "Sold it to Jin Hua Restaurant."

"Jin Hua ... this ... Qi Ge'er, although Jin Hua is good, but, this...in case, what if Chang Shun comes looking for trouble?" Uncle Huang frowned and asked.

        Zhong Ziqi smiled a nice smile, "Jin Hua promised to help me settle the matter with Chang Shun, so, now you can put your hearts into your stomach!"

        "Hey ...... that's good! ."  The worry on Huang Amu's face immediately disappeared. Jin Hua restaurant in their hearts was on very high status, very powerful.The fact that Jin Hua has been in business for so many years and no one dares to get into trouble is a testament to this.

"That is also good, what are your plans for the future, Qi Ge'er?" Uncle Huang asked.

        "I haven't thought about it yet." Zhong Ziqi replied honestly, "I came to tell you that I'm not going to rent the booth for some time until I've decided what to do."

        "Okay, then you – come and visit us if you have nothing to do." Huang Amu said reluctantly. It seemed like there was only this little bond between them.

        "I will, I won't forget Uncle Huang and Huang Amu's help." They were the only people who were strangers to each other yet still willing to help him so he would not be ingratitude.

When he came out of Huang Amu's house, he took away all the miscellaneous things that belonged to him, although it was heavy on his back, but Zhong Ziqi felt a lot more relaxed, mentally and spiritually. He had been mentally tense for half a month. Now he finally could rest a little.

"This Fu Lang, buy some chicken!"

Zhong Ziqi's confused emotions were brought back to life by a greeting. It turned out that he had come to a place where chickens, ducks and geese were sold. There were the live ones,the dead ones, the big ones, and also little chicks which just broke out from their shells, fluffy, huddled together, chattering, and super cute.