Chapter 18: 生气 (Angry)

"Watch out!" A cry of surprise rang out, the distracted Zhong Ziqi only felt his feet stepping on something, he slipped, then his body fell backwards. The expected pain did not appear, when he opened his eyes, he was held up by Zhao Zheng'an behind him, while his whole body was lying in Zhao Zheng'an's embrace, which looked incessantly ambiguous.

When Zhao Zheng'an saw that his wife was not moving, he asked urgently, " Wife? Does it hurt?"

Zhao Ning also came over and asked worriedly, "Did you twist your foot? Why are you walking so carelessly?"

Zhong Ziqi hurriedly got up from Zhao Zheng'an's body, moved his foot, but the pain was only slightly tingling but not serious: "No, it doesn't hurt, I didn't twist it! Thanks to Zheng'an for helping me from behind."

The three of them were relieved, Zhao Ning complained and talked non stop, "You have to watch the road when you walk! How can you be so absent-minded?(三心二意= thinking about this and that)

If you break it, how can you do business tomorrow? No one can cook at home ..."

Zhong Ziqi interrupted him helplessly, "Okay, okay, I know! I will watch the road well, little housewife (小管家婆:busybody)!" If he hadn't interrupted him, he might have been able to talk all along the way...

Only then did Zhao Ning reluctantly stop talking while he glared at him by the way.

At the fork in the road, Zhao Ning and Zhao Sheng took the money they were paid by Zhong Ziqi and went home.When he got close to the house, Zhong Ziqi realised that the wall had been built,it was more than two people high, so he believes that no one could get in. Zhong Ziqi was satisfied thus he remembered that the key was with Zhao Amu, so he asked Zhao Zheng'an to wait at the door for a while as he went to get it.

Zhao Zheng'an stood alone at the door obediently, he was now free of his initial panic,because his wife would always return.

Zhong Ziqi went to Zhao Ning's house to get the key, at the same time gave Zhao Amu the money for today's vegetables and the workers' wages, after he said a few words then Zhong Ziqi went back home.

Zhong Ziqi went out of the village to walk towards his house. When he looked down, he was startled to see three children gathered in front of his house. They were about eight or nine years old and seemed to be talking to Zhao Zheng'an, who was also looking at them with a foolish smile, moving his mouth every now and then.

Zhong Ziqi stood there for a while, making sure that the children were not bullying Zhao Zheng'an before he put his mind at ease as he walked over to them, asking with a smile on his lips and a gentle voice, "Are you here to play with Zheng'an?"

The three children, all of whom were boys, wore patched clothes. They were not afraid to see Zhong Ziqi, looking at him with the same curiosity. One of them, a little chubby, spoke first: "Are you the fool's wife?"

"Yes! Who are you?"

Another little child sniffed and said, "We are the fool's brothers." The other two children, after hearing what he said, also sniffed, thus they puffed out their chests in an act of righteousness, making Zhong Ziqi snort with amusement.

Zhao Zheng'an had been secretly looking at his wife, afraid that he wouldn't be happy that he himself would play with them, but when he saw him laughing, he couldn't help but crack his own mouth open.

Zhong Ziqi smiled and said 'a child daring to do great mischief(人小鬼大)' after that he got up to open the door, "Come in!"

[人小鬼大 refer to A child who has plenty of ideas. This term is often used to describe a child who is smart but naughty]