Chapter 44: 赵升退亲 [Zhao Sheng break off a marriage engagement]

"There is more.... Does gibberish count? What papa ...mama...can't understand what you are saying." Zhao Zheng'an eyes slid over a trace of doubt.

[Tl notes: In ancient times, chinese didn't use the word papa or mama to call their parents like in modern times, in the past using words such as 'Fu Jing /Tie or Mu jing/Niang' is more common... so Zhao Zheng'an is not familiar with the word papa mama. ]

Zhong Ziqi's inner heart was in turmoil after he heard what he said. Sure enough drinking is causing trouble ah! He almost blurred it out, it seems, from now on, he must drink less.

He woke up late today. The day was already bright outside, so Zhong Ziqi hurriedly dressed and tied his hair in the mirror. He hated combing his hair, it was too long; he wanted to cut it into 'crew cut' style, but unfortunately, he would be treated as an alien if he did so.

Zhong Ziqi looked in the mirror and combed his hair. His eyes inadvertently found a red mark on his neck. He pulled the collar and found another one under his collarbone too. He turned around then asked the man behind him who was wearing clothes: "Look, what is this?"

The man's face did not change:"Oh ...bitten by mosquitoes? I told you to cover up with a quilt last night but you didn't listen."

Zhong Ziqi doubted it as he looked in the mirror again. There was no bump or itchy feeling.

Never mind! Forget it! Zhong Ziqi tidied up his clothes before he went to make breakfast.

Inside the room, Zhao Zheng'an sighed with relief. He laughed out loud as if he had remembered something.

The few jars of wine brewed at home were ready to drink. He left the matter of selling the wine to Zhao Zheng'an, who had approximately plenty of free time every day.

Zhao Zheng'an thought for a while before then he took some of the fruit wines with him to Jin Hua Restaurant. Now that his wife was allied with Jin Hua, he naturally would not choose another family.

In between all the polite greetings and compliments, in which Zhao Zeng'an won't go into the details,when Zhong Ziqi returned home, he was very happy too see a lot of large silver taels, then he holding them and laughing for half a day, unable to come back to his senses. Zhao Zheng'an shook his head, as he liked his silly (feeble-minded) enthusiasm.

"Boss Jin says we can brew more in the future." Zhao Zheng'an brought the words to Zhong Ziqi.

"Yes, we have to brew more. It will make a lot of money." Zhong Ziqi was happy with the big silver taels, then he began to have a dilemma; the small space on the bed would not fit, so where to put them?

Finally Zhao Zheng'an couldn't stand it anymore, so he put it under the wardrobe and clicked the lock on it.

"Huh? Where did you get that lock?" Zhong Ziqi looked amazed.

"I bought it. Here's the key," and a small key appeared in the palm of Zhao Zheng'an's hand.

Zhong Ziqi joyfully took the key and put it away. Having a lock also gave him a lot of peace of mind, saving him from always being afraid of losing it.

"By the way, I remember, I heard Zhao Amo say that Brother Sheng was going to have a wedding after the autumn harvest. How come I haven't heard any news about it these days?" Zhong Ziqi suddenly remembered this matter and asked Zhao Zheng'an if he knew anything about it.

Zhao Zheng'an thought for a moment and shook his head. He hadn't heard Zhao Amo mention this either.

"I remember Sheng Zi mentioning that his fiancee was introduced by his uncle. His fiancee and his uncle were related." Zhao Zheng'an said.