chapter 7: 聚餐 (Dinner)

Closing the door, Zhao Ning headed inside the house.

"Xiao Ning, who was that just now?" Zhao Amu (Mother Zhao) asked without raising his head as he sat in the house sewing.

"It's Ziqi. He bought meat and asked me and my brother to go to his house for dinner." Zhao Ning sat down beside Amu.

"Didn't you say he didn't get much money when they split the family? Why doesn't he save some?" Zhao Amu frowned disapprovingly.

"That's what I said too but Ziqi said he already had a plan in mind. I feel that Ziqi and I seem to have grown apart and are not as forthcoming as before."

Zhao Ning said with some complaint, the two of them used to be the best of friends, sharing difficulties and good things together.

Zhao Amu listened to Zhao Ning's words and said appreciatively, "Ziqi is a good child, he has been through so much and has grown up to understand things.

You still think he was a child before he got married? He's not alone now, he has a family to take care of, he needs to have a plan.

He can't behave like a child! "

"Why not? We're very close." said Zhao Ning who is unwilling to accept.

Zhao Amu shook his head, this ger of his was really not easy, if he married someone else, he would not know what he would be like, it seemed he had to teach him a lesson.

When Zhong Ziqi returned home, he leaned over the door and listened, it was very quiet, he reached out and knocked on the door, "Zheng'an, I'm home, open the door!"

As soon as the words left his mouth, the door was immediately opened and Zhao Zheng'an, whose eyes were red with surprise and happy jumped over and hugged Zhong Ziqi, chanting, " Wife, wife!"

Zhong Ziqi, feeling distressed for him, patted him on the head, guessing that this guy must have been sitting behind the door since he left: "Look, I'm back! I won't leave you alone and do not care about you. "

Zhao Zheng'an nodded happily, his hand grabbing Zhong Ziqi's arm as he walked into the house.

"I'm going to cook, if someone knocks on the door later you can answer it, if you're bored, go on pulling weeds or come to the kitchen, help me light a fire (for cooking) , can you light the fire?"

"Yes, I could, I always help Amu to cook."

Zhao Zheng'an patted his chest as he said proudly, he didn't want to leave his wife even for a second, so of course he chose the latter, taking a small stool then sitting at the kitchen stove, waiting for his instructions, his eyes moving along with Zhong Ziqi movement.

Zhong Ziqi blandly followed his look, first washed the rice bought today mixed with half of the brown rice into the pot. These rural areas generally have two large pots and pans, so cooking is very convenient.

He said that Zhao Zheng'an could start the fire, Zhong Ziqi then cut the pork he bought today into pieces as he washed the pork liver and ribs, putting it aside to marinate. He saves the rest of the fatty meat for the oil, some of the pork offal and bones, which also he saves for later to eat.

Heat the oil in a pan, stir fry the garlic, add the ginger and spring onions, then add the pork ribs and stir-fry until white. Pour in the water and simmer until cooked. Add salt and a little sugar before serving.Stir-fry the rice until well blended,after that serve it. Looking at Zhao Zheng'an, who had been stirring the fire, Zhong Ziqi took a pair of chopsticks to put two pieces of pork ribs in a bowl and handed them to him.

"Taste it, is it good?"

Zhao Zheng'an couldn't wait to take the food, he hadn't eaten meat for a long time because his Amu would always scold him, therefore if they had meat, they wouldn't give it to him, Zhao Zheng'an took a bite of the ribs, not afraid of it being too hot and immediately looked at his wife with glowing eyes: "Yummy, my wife's cooking is the best."