Chapter 77 : 新品 (New Product)

On this day, after Zhong Ziqi returned from the town, he got into the kitchen and ordered Zhao Zheng'an not to come in.

Zhao Zheng'an was curious about what he wanted to do. When they went to the town today, Zhong Ziqi went to the seasoning shop to buy several spices and went to the medical shop to buy several herbs. He also went to the meat stall and bought some meat. When Zhao Zheng'an asked him what he was buying all this for, he just said it would be useful.

Now it seemed that he would like to make some strange and unusual food again.

Sometimes he was particularly strange, how could he have so many strange and weird ideas? Zhao Zheng'an felt as if Zhong Ziqi was carrying a layer of dense fog (fig. completely misleading), occasionally clear and sometimes becoming hazy. He had no choice or option but to admit that he couldn't guess.

Just a ger who grew up in this small mountain village, what secrets could he have?

Perhaps even if Zhao Zheng'an thought about it to the point that his brain was worn out, he would not be able to think of how frightening the real secret was.

Zhong Ziqi swore in his heart that he would not tell anyone about it unless he had no choice. In ancient times, it was easy to be treated as a demon, dipped in a pig cage, set to the fire and burn, it was not unheard of. He didn't dare to take the risk so let him keep this secret to himself ba!

Zhao Zheng'an had nothing to do, so he went into the courtyard to clean the stables. In order to prevent the spread of the unpleasant odor, Zhao Zheng'an basically had to clean up the feces every day. He knew that Zhong Ziqi was a person who loved cleanliness so he naturally had to clean it up properly.

But as every minute and every second of time passed, then Zhao Zheng'an had finished cleaning the chicken coop and the dog house, but Zhong Ziqi still had not come out of the kitchen.

Zhao Zheng'an shouted uneasily, "Ziqi? Is everything alright? Is it ready?"

"It will be ready soon. Just wait a little longer!" Zhong Ziqi's voice came out from the kitchen.

Zhao Zheng'an put his mind at ease when he heard his full of energy voice, which meant that there was nothing wrong with him. But his curiosity got the better of him so he put his hands behind his back and quietly walked to the kitchen. The kitchen door was tightly closed but there was a light wisp of smoke running out from a crack between the door and its frame. Zhao Zheng'an sniffed with his nose and couldn't help but say, "It smells so good."

This kind of aroma was so different that he didn't know how to describe it, but in any case it was the kind that made people want to chop up a big chunk of meal.

After some more time, while Zhao Zheng'an was tweaking his ears and scratching his cheeks ( It's an expression of anxiety, delight, frustration etc), finally Zhong Ziqi came out from the kitchen.

He was also carrying a plate of neatly cut meat on his hands but the color of the meat was dull red, drizzled with an equally dark coloured sauce on top of it, which looked particularly appetizing.

"What's this?" Zhao Zheng'an asked, gulping.

"Meat ah! You try it, is it good?"Zhong Ziqi picked up a piece of meat dripping with marinade in his hand and put it into Zhao Zheng'an's mouth.

Zhao Zheng'an felt a strange taste in his mouth, but the more he chewed this taste, the more fragrance it became, to the extent that the more he chewed the more his eyes lit up.

"Is it tasty?" Zhong Ziqi asked. He had already tasted it. It still tasted good, although he hadn't learnt it properly and some of the ingredients were put in by him blindly, but it still smelled good and appetizing.