Chapter 35: 回家 (Going Home)

As soon as Zhong Ziqi’s words left his mouth, an extremely sharp gaze shot at him. Zhao Zheng’an’s face was expressionless: “Divorced? Don’t even think about it! Since we are married, it is impossible for us to separate. Alive, You are Zhao Zheng’an’s person, even if you die and become a ghost, you are still mine.I will not let you go.”

Zhao Zheng’an’s words were harsh and unpleasant, but Zhong Ziqi still laughed out loud. He felt that what was weighing on his heart had finally fall: “Are you stupid? Didn’t you listen carefully to what I said?”

“What’s wrong?” Zhao Zheng’an was puzzled by Zhong Ziqi’s laugh. Why did he feel that this matter was going in a strange direction?

Zhong Ziqi couldn’t contain the smile on his lips, “What I mean is that if you don’t want to be with me, then we should just divorce.”

Zhao Zheng’an’s eyes lit up, “You mean you’re willing to live with me? To be my Fu Lang?”

Zhong Ziqi: “……”

Why can’t this person ever get to the core of the matter? Suddenly he felt as if he had lifted a stone to hit his own feet.The ancient people,they are really annoying! When they should be direct/ straightforward they are not straightforward, yet when they should be euphemistic, they are not euphemistic at all.

Zhao Zheng’an didn’t wait for Zhong Ziqi’s answer, for him the answer didn’t matter. He wouldn’t let him escape. He smiled faintly, he believed that the days to come would get better and better.

During his illness, Huang Amu and Zhao Amu came to see him every now and then. They were surprised to see that Zhao Zheng’an had recovered completely, with a hint of restraint, as they were not familiar with this kind of Zhao Zheng’an after all. But they were happy for Zhong Ziqi, so he wouldn’t have to be so tired. It was heartbreaking to see him going around like a gyroscope (spinning top) every day at such a young age.

Zhao Zheng’an stayed at the medical clinic for another three days before going home. Before he left, Zhong Ziqi had taken a large packet of medicine and spent almost all of the five taels of silver he had with him.

But he was worried about Zhao Zheng’an’s headache, which was now 100% certain to be a sequelae. After taking the old doctor’s medicine, he got better, but his attacks were irregular and he suffered from pain several times a day, to what extent Zhong Ziqi did not know because Zhao Zheng’an never told him.He always carried the pain alone and acted as if he was relaxed, with this alone made him feel distressed, but there was nothing he could do about it.

On the way back, Zhong Ziqi hired a carriage. He was shouted at by someone as he walked through the crowd. Zhong Ziqi was in the carriage and looked back to find that he didn’t know him, but somehow looked familiar.

In the distance, three or four men approached him. One of them said: “Little Boss, you’re not doing business now? We’ve been waiting for you!”

“That’s right, we’re dying of hunger. When are you coming back?”

It turned out that these people were the regular customers of Zhong Ziqi’s stall and were also his loyal fans. But when Zhong Ziqi suddenly disappeared one day, for seven or eight days at a time, many of them speculated what had happened, whether he had been robbed or threatened by someone.

Some of the people passing by who did not know Zhong Ziqi, heard the conversation and their eyes lit up as they listened with their ears open, wondering in their hearts, so this is the legendary little boss. He was really young! They were also anxious to know when the stall would be open.