Chapter 90: 幸福的生活 [A happy life]

In the end, Wang Jicheng and Zhao Lan still managed to get together. Initially, Zhao Lan had always been hesitant and dared not to take a step forward. Luckily, behind his back, Zhong Ziqi and Zhao Zheng'an were there to give Wang Jicheng some advice. Wang Jicheng was a simple-minded man therefore to let him take the initiative, it was either he couldn't or he wouldn't dare to. Only after Zhao Zheng'an asked him if he wanted a wife or not that Wang Jicheng had to compromise although he was not very good at it. This caused him to be very stiff at the time when he interacted with Zhao Lan ; he was stammering in his speech and disorderly haste and flustered in his actions.

But surprisingly, he won Zhao Lan's heart.

Looking at Wang Jicheng's foolish appearance, Zhao Lan's mood brightened up and made him want to smile. He knew that Wang Jicheng was mature and sincere so it was difficult for him to do things that he was not good at, such as trying to win favor by fawning on someone. From this point, he could see more of his honest side. If he tried to find someone like that, he certainly wouldn't bully him and he would follow his way. Nowadays it was not easy to find such a man.

So Zhao Lan thought over and over again before agreeing to be with Wang Jicheng. Moreover, he had already been hurt once.

If he could continue on being happy with him then that was what he earned. If in the end they still ended up being estranged, then he could only say that this was their fate. He also got nothing to be hurt about.

Zhao Zheng'an and Zhong Ziqi as Wang Jicheng's master and the only people close to him, it was only natural for them to be unwilling to pass on the responsibilities to organize their marriage to others. Zhao Lan and Wang Jicheng were ashamed and also grateful since they actually let two people who were much younger than them to take care of their wedding.

The good thing was that their wedding did not need to be that ceremonious because here in the country of Da Ze, regardless of whether you were influential officials or poor people, the second marriage was not as grand and lively as the new one. In fact, there was no law from the Emperor of Da Ze that restricted this matter, so it was the common practice that everyone agreed on.

There were also those who were not afraid of slanderous gossip from the outside world, the second marriage was even more lively than the first. The people around them just Idle gossiping about it for a while after dinner.

Because he was going to get married, Wang Jicheng with so much difficulty, finally opened his mouth and said to Zhao Zheng'an that he wanted to borrow some silver to build a new house next to Zhong Ziqi's house. Wait until the house was finished, their wedding was also due to take place.

The banquet was held in their new house. Their courtyard was big enough for ten or eight tables, so they invited the villagers to come and have a meal. Zhao Lan's family also came, they just looked a bit embarrassed. The child they once despised and were ashamed of, now was extremely well-off and earned a lot of money. Moreover, he had someone to back him up too, indeed too outstanding.

At that time, Zhao Lan's family simply had done something too cruel so now Zhao Lan has become disheartened with them. They wanted to ease the relationship, but couldn't. Previously there was a time when they had secretly approached Wang Jicheng to try to make things work, but it ended in failure. Wang Jicheng might look simple and honest, but in his heart, he knew exactly about everything meticulously.