Chapter 11: 开张 (Open a business)

After a busy day, in the evening, Zhong Ziqi took out the bones he had bought to make soup, poured the bones into the clay pot he had bought, so that he could put it in the pot and serve it in the morning.

        At night, the moon crept over the treetops while its silvery white glow enveloping the earth, looking hazy and ambiguous.

        Zhong Ziqi lay in bed, sleepless, on the other side, Zhao Zheng'an had already been drooling as he hugged him. For the first time, Zhong Ziqi envied people who were simple-minded since they didn't have to think about many things.He had to admit that he was nervous and afraid that he would fail tomorrow.

        In fact, Zhong Ziqi had done some calculations, he had thought it over carefully, the prices on the docks were generally a little more expensive, but they were definitely fine and worth the price, in fact, people could still accept the price, in fact, a bowl of noodles from an ordinary noodle stall would cost three wen, let alone the docks where the craftsmanship was much better than ordinary noodle stalls.

        Zhong Ziqi intends to price his two types of noodles at 5 wen a bowl. 5 wen for a bowl of noodles is not uncommon at the pier, some are even higher than that, as the pier is a prime location, where people come and go, most of them were from wealthy families or rich businessmen. The common people still could afford to eat it but the frugal ones don't come here often.

        If your cooking skill is good , then you will develop a regular customer, with that your daily income will be fixed, not to mention the fact that some people will continuously buy from you and bring their family to eat or even take the food home. Zhong Ziqi thought that with his skills, he could sell at least ten bowls of noodles a day, is not that difficult right? Ten bowls of noodles for fifty wen, after deducting the daily rent of eight wen, Zhao Sheng's salary of ten wen, also miscellaneous basic costs, he would certainly made a profit of 20 wen, as you know twenty wen a day is not bad, he would be able to buy four catties of rice and noodles,also got more a few catties of meat.

        The average family did not even have the ability to earn 20 wen a day. Of course,for those who had fields, could also work part-time, but for Zhong Ziqi, he was satisfied, he had no big ambitions, a little something was enough to keep him happy for a long time.

        Tossing and turning, Zhong Ziqi did not know when he fell asleep, but when he woke up, he heard the rooster crowing in the village as the sky outside was already a shade of grey.

        Zhong Ziqi gently removed the arm from his waist, got up, dressed and washed up. Lighting the oil lamp, he went to the kitchen to put the bone broth that had been in there all night into a clay pot, leaving some in the pot. Open the noodle bag and scoop out two bowls of noodles and roll them out. When the bone broth was hot, the noodles were put into the pot. Zhong Ziqi put some sour bamboo shoots into the pot and it was ready in a short while.

        Zhong Ziqi brought the noodles to the table, set the dishes and went to the bedroom, looking at Zhao Zheng'an who was sleeping soundly,he hesitated for a while before he pushed his arm, calling out softly, "Zheng'an, Zheng'an, wake up!"

Zhao Zheng'an reluctantly opened his eyes a little to see who was disturbing his beautiful dream, what he saw was a fully clothed wife! Zhao Zheng'an's eyes, which had been squinting, immediately widened.

        Zhong Ziqi said, "Get up, we're going to town after dinner."

        Only then did Zhao Zheng'an remember that his wife had said he was going to take him to town to sell something, so he sat up excitedly and asked, " Wife, are we going to sell something?"