Chapter 32: 教训 (Lesson)

Zhong Ziqi watched him by his side all night long. However, Zhao Zheng’an showed no sign of waking up, but after drinking the medicine, his face was slightly better, but still pale which was unbearable to look at.

The sun was just rising in the east when Zhao Ning’s family and Uncle Huang’s family arrived at the medical center.

“How is it?” Zhao Amu asked anxiously.

Zhong Ziqi shook his head sadly, “Not too good, hasn’t woken up.”

“These days,things are just getting better, how can this happen again? !” Huang Amu said with the same sadness.

“Who is it? Is it Chang Shun?” Uncle Huang asked. The others frowned as they all knew about Chang Shun restaurant’s matter. They didn’t quite believe it when Zhong Ziqi said that he had settled the matter but now something bad had happened.

“It must be them, they’re the only ones who always make life difficult for us.” Zhao Ning said furiously.

Zhao Sheng frowned as he shook his head, “It may not necessarily be Chang Shun, our business is so ‘hot’. We have taken away a lot of customers, it must have caused others to hold a grudge, it is not impossible if it is another trader.”

Zhong Ziqi nodded his head,he felt that what Zhao Sheng said also made sense, it seemed that it was necessary for him to make another trip to Jin Hua.

After staying in the medical hall for half a day, Zhao Amu and Huang Amu did not dare to mention the fact that Zhao Zheng’an was unconscious, afraid that Zhong Ziqi would be sad. After the visit, everyone went back one by one. Zhao Ning wanted to stay to accompany Zhong Ziqi, but Zhong Ziqi refused.

After the people left, Zhong Ziqi sat on the edge of the bed holding Zhao Zheng’an’s rough hand for a while, before saying goodbye to the old doctor and going out.

He had gone to Jin Hua before, but now he was considered as a valuable guest of Jin Hua. Because his four-course recipe had made the Jin Hua restaurant’s business more and more prosperous,the shopkeeper had to be polite when he saw him.

“Xiao Ge’er, what brings you here? Is there something wrong?” Jin Sheng was puzzled, mainly because Zhong Ziqi wouldn’t really come here unless he had something to do. He thought this ger was quite nice, so he wanted to make friends, but unfortunately the person didn’t have the heart.

Zhong Ziqi didn’t hide anything and told him about the attack on Zhao Zheng’an.

Jin Sheng frowned, he couldn’t imagine that something so vicious would happen : “So what do you mean?”

Zhong Ziqi said with a haggard look on his face :”Help me find out who it was. I won’t let you help unconditionally.”

Jin Sheng was not the type to take advantage of the situation, otherwise he would not have paid a high price for Zhong Ziqi’s recipe to help him get out of trouble when he was at his wit’s end.

But this little ger is like a treasure that can’t be dug up. Moreover the person is very affectionate, so he (JS) is sure that he (ZZq) won’t do anything that would destroy the bridge after crossing the river.

[过河拆桥 ( 過河拆橋 ) :guò hé chāi qiáo

lit. to destroy the bridge after crossing the river (idiom) / fig. to abandon one’s benefactor upon achieving one’s goal]

“Okay, I’ll find out about this for you as soon as I can. Your family, that one — now, how is he?” Jin Sheng asked. The regulars at Zhong Ziqi’s stall, including the restaurant businessman that paid attention to him, no one didn’t know that Zhong Ziqi’s husband was a fool. Regarding this matter, many people privately laughed and regretted, thinking that it was a big loss for such an excellent ger to marry a fool.