Chapter 20: 到来 (Arrival)

Little did Zhong Ziqi know that a big shot was coming towards his stall, which was at the moment sporadically occupied by five or six people.After Zhong Ziqi and Zhao Ning had made the noodles, they sat down with Zhao Sheng and Zhao Zheng'an at another empty table to rest.

"Ziqi, what do you think is in this cargo ship?" Zhao Ning asked curiously, as he had never come into contact with these things, he could not figure out in his head what the cargo ship was selling.

"I don't know." Zhong Ziqi shook his head, he hadn't come into contact with this either, but he could imagine what they were, "But they should all be local and valuable things!"

Zhao Ning nodded and continued, "So— why not sell it in the south, but go through a lot of trouble travelling to the north?"

It is a way of doing business that Zhong Ziqi is very familiar with. The rarer something is, the greater its value, anywhere is entirely popular. In ancient times, this method was even more developed. Many ordinary people made their fortunes through merchandising.

[物以稀為貴 : wù yǐ xī wéi guì: the rarer sth is, the greater its value (idiom)]

"Do you know why the goods carried by the merchants in the north and south are so profitable?" Zhong Ziqi asked 'to keep listeners in suspense'

Zhao Ning shook his head like a drum-shaped rattle, Zhao Zheng'an who also did not understand what his wife was saying, so he also joined in the fun,shook his head along with him. Zhong Ziqi cannot help laughing looking at him like this.

Zhao Sheng, on the other hand, looked as if he was thinking.

"To give you an example, well – take 'small tangerine' it's known to be ridiculously expensive, only the rich and famous can afford to eat it, and it's not always available, because 'small tangerine' is an authentic southern product, but in the south it's everywhere, super cheap, while the north can't grow it due to climate and other reasons. So the cheap tangerine in the south has become a rarity in the north, and naturally the price is very expensive, while on the contrary, our specialties in the north are also a good thing in the south, because they are not available in the south, got it?"

Zhao Ning and Zhao Sheng suddenly looked as if they were suddenly enlightened.

"Ziqi, you know so much!" Zhao Ning said with a look of admiration.

Zhao Sheng was also very impressed, mixed with a hint of shame, he was not as knowledgeable as a young ger who never leaves home and has little contact with the outside world; so he secretly resolved to learn more and ask more questions in the future.

Ziqi just smiled, "That's what I heard my father say before, so I remember it."

He was also a bit embarrassed to put everything on the deceased person, but otherwise he would definitely be exposed, so he could only be sorry.

Although Zhao Zheng'an could not understand what his wife was saying, he could see Zhao Ning and Zhao Sheng's admiration, and he immediately proudly said, "My wife is the best!"

"Who's the boss?" A cold voice interrupted the four of them, Zhong Ziqi and Zhao Ning looked up in unison, in the direction of the voice,then they froze.

They were not the only ones who froze, the entire stall's owners were silent. The man who spoke was handsome with a hint of fierceness, but he was not the main character. The main character was the man behind him who was even more good looking and beautiful than a ger, shaking his paper fan, his lazy gaze surveying the surroundings, with perhaps with a hint of disgust and disdain on closer inspection.