Chapter 89:撮合 [Act as Middleman]

After the baby's one-month old birthday event, Zhao Zheng'an and Zhong Ziqi's life returned to peace. The only thing that was not so peaceful was that their home suddenly became much more lively. The most common thing was the battle between Shen Mu and Father Shen to compete over their great grandson. Zhong Ziqi and Zhao Zheng'an were already used to this. Little Shu Yan was very well behaved. They were very relieved to put him under the care of his great grandparents. Only at night would they put the baby in their room since Shen Mu and Father Shen were old ; if things continued this way then they wouldn't be able to sleep well at night because of all the noise, and their bodies would not be able to endure it.

A few months after the little Shu Yan was born, An Ning gave birth. An Ning's delivery was much smoother than Zhong Ziqi, taking only about an hour to give birth. He gave birth to a big fat baby. Zhao Amu and the others were overjoyed. Zhao Sheng was particularly similar to Zhao Zheng'an's state at that time. If he hadn't been so tongue-tied, he would have been bragging about it everywhere too.

Zhao Sheng and An Ning's son was also named by Father Shen. The villagers personally spread the rumour that Father Shen was a very knowledgeable great man. Most people subconsciously feel a deep veneration and respect everytime they see him.

Neither Zhao Amu nor Zhao Bao Gen could read or write.They could only come up with names such as Bao or Ping, which were too unpleasant to hear. So when they came up with an idea, they approached Father Shen. As the two families were close, they had already gotten to know Father Shen and Shen Mu quite well.

Since Father Shen and Shen Mu were about the same age as their own father and Amu, Zhao Baogen and Zhao Amu respected and revered them from the bottom of their hearts. Although they didn't know what their status was, they felt that it didn't matter anymore. The most important thing was that they lived here with them like ordinary people to eat, drink and be merry. It was enough that they never looked down on them as coarse country folks.

Father Shen eventually gave Zhao Sheng's child the equally beautiful name of Zhao He Rui, hoping that the child would not be too naive and uncommunicative as his father, he would be gentle but with a sharp mind.

Zhao Sheng and An Ning both thought it was a good name and had a good meaning so their child name was settled on Zhao He Rui.

Zhao Amu even specially came to ask Zhong Ziqi if he wanted to make the arrangement for the infant matrimony, since the two families were so close, it was reasonable to say that was a good idea for their children to get engaged so it would make their relationship even closer.

Zhong Ziqi refused without even thinking about it. He didn't want their children to be tied down by an arranged marriage, just like his Amu and just like this original body. This was significant material for teaching the child by bad example. Thus, he wanted his child to find his own, to find someone where both sides were willing and where both treasure each other, not to follow in the footsteps of the last generation.

Shen Mu and Father Shen agreed with Zhong Ziqi's decision. Having experienced what happened to their elder ger's son, they already understand that everything cannot be forced.Their descendants possess their own happiness. Therefore there was no need for them to get involved, otherwise it would have backfired and the consequences would have been unthinkable.

In bed, the little cutie Shu Yan is unaware that his relatives have already thought about his future.He is now lying in bed, sleeping soundly, with silver threads hanging from the corners of his mouth, occasionally moving his little fleshy arms and going back to sleep.

It wasn't long before Zhao Amu came with pleasantly surprised news. Zhao Ning was also pregnant, it was simply two happy events coming one after the other! Huang Amu now didn't even let Zhao Ning work at the 'quite delicious' restaurant anymore. They let him stay at home and nurture his body, exactly as what Zhong Ziqi had experienced before when he was pregnant, living the life of a rice worm (fig.for parasite).